Sign in to follow this  
Renskay

We Should Definitely Try To Get This Guy

Oribe Peralta Mexican Striker aged 28 scored 43 goals last season in the Mexican premiership for Santos Laguna valued at £3m and wages shouldn''t be too much as Mexican clubs don''t usually pay out big wages.

The only problem that I could see arise with this one is the work visa that he would need to play in Europe and England but sometimes these things are sorted out quickly

Wikipedia

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oribe_Peralta

Transfermarkt

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/oribe-peralta/profil/spieler_53563.html

In all seriousness though, how good is the mexican premiership?, a genuine question because I''ve never watched it. Was Hernandez playing there prior to his Manure move and if he was how well did he do so I could compare them?

[quote user="colneycanary"]You must be the person who posted this in football rumours this morning. Or you read it in there that we were interested in him?[/quote]

exactly the thought that ran through my head.

use this forum for things like that, the rumour page isn''t a wishlist... lol

The Mexican league is of a pretty high standard right now

And anyway wouldn''t you rather take a risk on a player who''s scored tons of goals in his country''s top division ( Oribe Peralta ) or a player that''s scored tons of goals in the 3rd tier of English football ( Jordan Rhodes)

Who will cost a hell of a lot more

The Mexican league isn''t that great at all, and despite apparently performing well this season, the guy has been completely average for the last 10 years, and I see nothing that makes me think this would be a gamble worth taking.I''ll just wait for another obscure suggestion which you can bang on about (and probably dismiss that one as well).This isn''t Football Manager you know...

Javier Hernandez came from the Mexican leagues.. He was a top scorer there but only in his last season. Before that he was in the top 3.I spoke to a Mexican when I was there a couple of years ago and he seemed really passionate about the Mexican league and the TV channels out there gave the teams loads of coverage. Unlike other countries I''ve been to where the EPL is given all the attention.