Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Martinez - Loyalty or common sense

Apparently he talked to both Liverpool AND Villa and decided to stay put at Wigan, I am liking the guy more and more.

Our next manager needs to be someone that sees the bigger picture, it is not that long ago Fulham were nowhere. What happened to Lamberts five year plan? or was it to move to bigger club. I can not wait to hear his explanation as to why he moved and if he uses the "bigger" club with "potential" should remind him that many say Leeds and Sheffield Utd are look where they are!

the difference is, he is best mates with the chairman, and has openly stated he can move on to a better club, people forget when they had a bad run he could of been sacked if it wasn''t for the loyalty of the chairman. We knew we had a good manager, so would never let him speak to any1, even man utd (i know they wudn''t come calling).

[quote user="CJ"]Apparently he talked to both Liverpool AND Villa and decided to stay put at Wigan, I am liking the guy more and more.

Our next manager needs to be someone that sees the bigger picture, it is not that long ago Fulham were nowhere. What happened to Lamberts five year plan? or was it to move to bigger club. I can not wait to hear his explanation as to why he moved and if he uses the "bigger" club with "potential" should remind him that many say Leeds and Sheffield Utd are look where they are![/quote]Martinez talked to Liverpool but was not offered the job and he didn''t talk to Villa this time around. He was one of a number of candidates Villa wanted to talk to but he wanted to see how the interest from Liverpool developed.  When Rodgers was offered the Liverpool job his advisers approached Villa but were told that they weren''t looking to talk to anyone else as they''d moved forward in the process. 

Martinez met with Henry in America.. But Liverpool didn''t offer him the job. I''m pretty sure he''d have gone if he was offered it.He met with Villa before but it didn''t go any further. Perhaps there is something cr@ppy at Villa which has scared off the managers, except for PL who is confident enough in his ability to still charge forward?

Martinez, common sense.  Probably was not offered the Liverpool post, and Villa, apparently after he turned them down last season were not happy he spoke to Liverpool.  Either that or he wasn''t happy with what was on offer at Villa.If the rumours of a miserly 15K budget are true, it is hardly surprising.