Sign in to follow this  
TwoSheds

Learning curve... I hate those 2 words now. Here's some new ones for you Worthy!

Those 2 words,learning & curve put together by dear Worthy has really got my goat this season. If i here him say it once more i think im gonna be taken away by men in white coats!

Someone please program Worthy with some new sayings before the end of the season and save me from madness..

I have a few which would be more sensible coming from his mouth.

• ''We played s***e today & have learned nothing from the game''
  • ''With todays performance there will be some changes made for our next game''
  • ''We have played 30 games & have learnt how to lose quite well''
  • ''Sorry i didnt know you could make subtitutuions before 85 minutes''
  • ''We are on a roll,we are going for the all time record for Citys worst ever season in profesional football''
  • ''Its a good job Delia drinks alot,she probably thinks we are top of the league''
  • ''I am the luckiest guy in the world,who else could so poorly manage a team like me in the Premiership & not get sacked?''
  • ''I was good at football managment games on the Spectrum & Amiga''

What did you expect twosheds?  Did you expect us to walk the Premiership this year?  We''re basing our club these days on Charlton.  They didn''t get it right first time.  This year has been a learning curve and it will make us all the more prepared and aware the next time we are in the top flight

Oh DD get out of Worthys backside! I expected slightly better than what has happened.No,not aiming for the top of the league but certainly not being quite this bad either.

im not agreeing with anyone.

Im just saying, Worthy got us here..... he can get us here again.
        As i see it, hes turned this club around, think back a few years ago when we were facing relegation. Would you have thought us to be in the pemiership right now a few years ago, cause i certainly didnt.... Untill we went to cardiff i didnt expect us to get out the devision. So get off his back, and get behind him and the team.

Or join Worthy Nigelton on the bad supporters list.........

Two sheds,

Don''t know about you fella, but:

''who else could so poorly manage a team like me in the Premiership & not get sacked?''

Implies someone else, other than Nigel Worthington and Norwich?!??!?!??!

We all have our own opnions and are entitled to say what we think. The post was a light hearted joke.If people  dont like it the tough im afraid. Oh and i live in the present and for the future,NOT THE PAST!

[quote]We all have our own opnions and are entitled to say what we think. The post was a light hearted joke.If people dont like it the tough im afraid. Oh and i live in the present and for the future,NOT TH...[/quote]

So if someone doesn''t like your opinion twosheds they have to like it or lump it.  But if you don''t like someone else''s they get insulted and told where to go?  Mmm makes sense to me

It has been a learning curve, but unfortunately its one that''s made of teflon as far as I can see.

Our "learning curve" has meant:

- ditch the international players bought in the summer and play a championship standard side

- stick with the same defence that''s poring in ever greater numbers of goals

- play so close to the penatly area that the oppo have 3/4 of the pitch to play in

- don''t bother marking anyone in the box- Prem strikers are just so short aren''t they?

- don''t get too close to the man on the ball, you might sniff his hairgel

- don''t pass to feet- make your target work to get the ball as that''s much funnier.

Nigel doesn''t criticise his players in public generally so he has few excuses left to pump out. What is genuinely frustrating is how we don''t seem to have learnet anything other than to lose with grace.

I''ve got 2 new words for Nigel: P*ss Off.

And for Worthy Nigelton being a bad supporter, most of what he says is true. Although i do admit some of his ''comments'' are a bit controversial........

Get Nigel out of this club he is really starting to get on my nerves.

Tend to agree with the sentiments of TwoSheds and Tumbleweed here!

This constant mention of ''learning curve'' is ok PROVIDED that Worthy actually DOES learn and puts into practice (within cost constraints) the measures necessary to ensure that next time round (if we do get promoted again) we are far beter equipped to survive.

However, at this moment, all I hear from Worthy about his actual PLANS is a deafening silence! Once relegation is confirmed, I hope he will come out with an honest appraisal of what happened since May 2004 and what he intends to do differently. I don''t expect him to come out and publicly criticise certain signings etc. BUT there are diplomatic words he could use to effectively convey his feelings.

I fear though that the same old obsessions will remain next season:

Holt, Flem etc. will be permanent fixtures in the team

The long ball game will continue

''Work rate'' will continue to be Lord &  Master with players like Jonson (if still here) more interested in scything into players rather than beating them with skill and pace (that we were all told he had).      

Cant remember the words like it and lump it,neither telling anyone where to go. I however do remember saying to you DD to get out of Worthys backside and now we all know who is responsible for pulling his strings. Its a nice day today,come outside and have a look at the real world

[quote]It has been a learning curve, but unfortunately its one that''s made of teflon as far as I can see. Our "learning curve" has meant: - ditch the international players bought in the summer and play a c...[/quote]

Have to agree with you Tumbleweed it has been a very frustrating season.  The most annoying thing for me is when Worthy says he couldn''t have asked any more from his players.  Yes he could have asked for more such as Fleming and Holt actually getting in a tackle.

Most supporters can see when certain players are going through a bad patch and need to be rested.  Sadly this season Worthy has chosen to ignore that fact and we have paid the penalty for playing under performing players week in week out.