Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

McNally

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

So, we haven''t had any offers for him, we haven''t rejected an improved contract request and we haven''t fallen out with him.

Looks like it''s about going back up North then.

[/quote]If you can make that assumption. You can also make the assumption that he didn''t bother asking for what he felt he''s worth, because he knew Norwich wouldn''t pay it.

It does seem it''s either about going back up north (certainly a possibility), possibly about him not being guaranteed first team football next season if he''s got wind of a couple of the signings we''re trying to make (not very likely in my opinion), or that he has been tapped up and offered significantly more than he knows we''d be able to offer him (also a strong possibility).

Martin O''Neil rejected Gareth Barry''s transfer request successfully so there is no reason we can''t reject Grant''s and keep him for another season at least.

I don''t think Holt will sulk as he needs to keep playing well to get another good contract anyway.

If we stay up for another season then we can offer him a much better contract extension or still get a good fee for him as he will still have another season left.

I wish this had happened after Adam Drury''s testimonial, it seems very selfish and I can''t see what has been gained from doing this now.

Mc Nally''s tweets are very vague, but interesting as they stand, and I see a number of the points he''s making.

BUT..... firstly; I know I sound like an old fogey, but I''m really not happy with policy being carried out on the hoof by Twitter etc . There is a correct time and method of doing it, and this aint it.

Secondly, and bearing the above in mind, there is a real danger that this whole sorry saga will just become tit for tat ,news management, spin -fest . I forsee claims and counter claims being made by various media. I know it''s too much for all concened to come clean and just give the fans the facts, but I really do hope that some light is shone upon this soon.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]@davidmcnally62

I repeat, no new deal has been discussed with any in contract player, including Grant. The figures in the Sun article are wildly inaccurate.

[/quote]

The only figure I can see in The Sun online story is that Holt is joint-top earner on £16,000 a week which I wouldn''t have thought was wildly inaccurate. Are there other figures in the newspaper version of the story?

I remember a similar thing with Walker and Chase.  Papers saying he was the lowest paid manager in the EPL. And Chase saying he does well with £500 per week with bonuses on top.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

BUT..... firstly; I know I sound like an old fogey, but I''m really not happy with policy being carried out on the hoof by Twitter etc . There is a correct time and method of doing it, and this aint it.

Secondly, and bearing the above in mind, there is a real danger that this whole sorry saga will just become tit for tat ,news management, spin -fest . I forsee claims and counter claims being made by various media. I know it''s too much for all concened to come clean and just give the fans the facts, but I really do hope that some light is shone upon this soon.

[/quote]To be fair to the club, it''s the end of the season, and they seem totally caught-out by the story. I doubt they expected it to be leaked to the pressand I don''t really expect McNally and Joe Ferrari to be forced into working over the weekend. I expect any formal statement would be after a meeting with Grant Holt to thrash this mess out.Persoanlly, I prefer the approach of trying to keep the fans updated with the facts. I prefer this to silence and endless speculation.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]@davidmcnally62

I repeat, no new deal has been discussed with any in contract player, including Grant. The figures in the Sun article are wildly inaccurate.

[/quote]

The only figure I can see in The Sun online story is that Holt is joint-top earner on £16,000 a week which I wouldn''t have thought was wildly inaccurate. Are there other figures in the newspaper version of the story?

[/quote]

The other point on McNally''s tweets is that no doubt he is being strictly accurate when he says there have not been formal talks between the club and Holt and/or his agent. But there could well have been some kind of informal approach from Holt/his agent indicating he would want a greatly improved contract, which - informally - got a very negative response.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

[/quote]

To be fair to the club, it''s the end of the season, and they seem totally caught-out by the story. I doubt they expected it to be leaked to the press
and I don''t really expect McNally and Joe Ferrari to be forced into working over the weekend. I expect any formal statement would be after a meeting with Grant Holt to thrash this mess out.

Persoanlly, I prefer the approach of trying to keep the fans updated with the facts. I prefer this to silence and endless speculation.
[/quote]

I don''t think keeping fans updated is an option.   You''re talking about business negotiations which will be taking place over a period of days.  You simply can''t expect details to be released until things have been resolved.     Once situations are clear then expect a statement.   If Grant Holt negotiations are ongoing it would not be acceptable for any details to be released until something is signed.    I would prefer silence to the hail storm of rumours and  guesswork by paranoic posters that has appeared on the forum over the last couple of days.