Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Lambert's Contract

Ok, so there has been lots of talk about player contracts over recent weeks, but what is the situation with our Sir Pauly?I believe i am right in saying he used to be on a 12 month rolling contract, but i also think i remember hearing something at some point that they signed him up to a longer term contract? does anyone know a bit more about this than me? Is Lambert out of contract at the end of the season, or has he signed up for a few years?I''m not asking because i am worried he will be leaving, but i am a little curious as to the situation (if he does ever leave, we are going to want to make as much money as possible from breach of contract or compensation). I think i''m right in saying Lambert has the same agent as Sven, in which case i imagine he drives a very hard bargain when it comes to contract negotiations

From what I remember he was given an "improved" contract although it didn''t specify the length of it, so I assume he''s still on a one year rolling contract.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]So he didn''t sign that 20 year contract he asked for?[/quote]Ha i remember that, i guess not!I remember them saying it was an improved contract but i think they said something about it no longer being a rolling contract either, i really don''t know though.

Probably a clever idea for the club not to release full details of the length of the contract, stops too much scaremongering amongst fans about it running out.

I u

nderstood a rolling contract to mean it always had 12 months left on it, so ensuring we receive fair compensation if he left and Lambert a decent payout if the unimaginable happens and he was sacked?  Sounds good for both parties in our current position imo