Sign in to follow this  
H4H

On The Ball City and music before the game...

Is there any way we can forward this thread on to an NCFC official or someone at the club....

I''d like to see the goal music scrapped or at least the volume turned down. Why drown out crowd noise?

I love OTBC & when sung properly it makes the hear stand up but its not really a catchy sing along type of song to be played over the PA.

The music kills participation by sections of the crowd at matches who have become used to a ''manufactured atmosphere'' rather than one they create themselves.I think the club should consider dropping it for a period and then see what the fans prefer.

I would say the opposite and I can''t work out where Nora is coming from.

The manufactured OTBC is probably the only time all four stands sing it together. You don''t really hear the goal music in the Barclay but can hear it in other areas and on TV. I would suggest the reason you hear it is because it''s not drowned out and those stands would be quieter without it. That''s not a critcism mind. I have spent enjoyable seasons watching the Canaries from all four stands. Each one has their own brand of "atmosphere" but I don''t see where the goal music affects any of it.

This subject crops up on a regular basis and there are quite alot of people who really don''t like the canned goal music.   There are others who don''t mind it and there are some that actually like it (goodness knows why).    It would be interesting to have a match where there is no goal music (but don''t tell us when) and see what happens.  Providing we score you do wonder what some people will do when there is nothing to mindlessly clap along to.  

Given time people will reconnect with their own feelings of joy that we have scored and  will be able to react naturally - with spontaneous cheering and clapping followed by chanting - its what happens at away games with no problem - so why do we need the music when we''re at home?  Aren''t there enough of us to make ourselves heard?    

[quote user="lake district canary"]

This subject crops up on a regular basis and there are quite alot of people who really don''t like the canned goal music.   There are others who don''t mind it and there are some that actually like it (goodness knows why).    It would be interesting to have a match where there is no goal music (but don''t tell us when) and see what happens.  Providing we score you do wonder what some people will do when there is nothing to mindlessly clap along to.  

Given time people will reconnect with their own feelings of joy that we have scored and  will be able to react naturally - with spontaneous cheering and clapping followed by chanting - its what happens at away games with no problem - so why do we need the music when we''re at home?  Aren''t there enough of us to make ourselves heard?    

[/quote]Well said LDC.....Once they hear the sound of their own voices and the spontaneous chants kick in they wouldn''t want to return to the canned nonsense.

[/quote]

And that is what happens in the Barclay at home the same as it does away from home. But if you''re telling me that the other stands would suddenly would suddenly start chanting then I think you''re in dream land buddy. I''m sure you are old enough to remember life before goal music. And that''s what we''d go back to. At grounds all over the country, the manufactured atmosphere before the game and with goal music is the only time all the stands join in.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

And that is what happens in the Barclay at home the same as it does away from home. But if you''re telling me that the other stands would suddenly would suddenly start chanting then I think you''re in dream land buddy. I''m sure you are old enough to remember life before goal music. And that''s what we''d go back to. At grounds all over the country, the manufactured atmosphere before the game and with goal music is the only time all the stands join in.

[/quote]

So if you got rid of the music  the other three sides of the ground would stand quietly after a  goal being scored?  They would clap, cheer or whatever they wanted to - but without being choreographed.   Chanting may not be there, admittedly, but if you don''t give people a chance to express themselves freely, they will turn into the controlled machines that those in charge would like us to be.  

It comes to something when you can''t celebrate your team scoring a goal without being bombarded with music that you don''t like. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if you got rid of the music  the other three sides of the ground would stand quietly after a  goal being scored?  They would clap, cheer or whatever they wanted to - but without being choreographed.   Chanting may not be there, admittedly, but if you don''t give people a chance to express themselves freely, they will turn into the controlled machines that those in charge would like us to be.  

It comes to something when you can''t celebrate your team scoring a goal without being bombarded with music that you don''t like. 

[/quote]

To be fair LDC I think people do celebrate the goals the same as they always did. When we scored on Saturday I ended up with a fan on top of me. Duncan, my carer for the day[sn], held me up but I''m probably in the wrong place now. However, that''s how goals have always been celebrated in the Barclay. When Duncan was 6 I used to take him in the old main stand. We used to stand up and clap, maybe even cheer, when a goal was scored but then sit down again in time for the restart. The goal music, if anything, prolongs the celebrations in some stands.

I understand if folk don''t like it but it wouldn''t be louder without it. Just as that contrived OTBC isn''t everyones cup of tea. Without it three sides of the ground would be quiet before kick off.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Spoken like a true free spirit LDC! 10/10[*]

nutty nigel wrote: "Just as that contrived OTBC isn''t everyones cup of tea. Without it three sides of the ground would be quiet before kick off."

Would agree with that nutty.  But even in the Barclay most people only turn up three minutes before kick off so not much chance of creating a pre-match buzz anywhere in the ground.    

nutty nigel wrote: "Just as that contrived OTBC isn''t everyones cup of tea. Without it three sides of the ground would be quiet before kick off."

Would agree with that nutty.  But even in the Barclay most people only turn up three minutes before kick off so not much chance of creating a pre-match buzz anywhere in the ground.    

[/quote]

Indeed. And it took forever to get going on Saturday for some reason. And fans seem to leave earlier each week for a halftime drink. And then seem to ber later back. And in the end it took an incompetent ref to lift the crowd. Some days it''s like that but I don''t know why because Saturday''s was another great game.

The OTBC chant before the game is a money spinner for the club as the people that ''start'' the chant on the pitch pay to do so. This means the club is unlikely to stop this.

No goal music however is something which should be trialled I hope the club would pick up on this request and at least give it a test.

The contrived 3-2-1 sh!t gets on my tits. Easy solution, play the real OTBC song, fans will naturally join in. FACTGoal music - am I right on thinking the majority EPL don''t bother? IMO I''d give it a go without to see what would happen.  I suspect fans in their own sections would sing their own chants, that would naturally develop throughout the ground.

It''s become a ''matchday experience'' to attend a game at Carrow Road nowadays and this has become the ''norm'' for the modern spectator.I think those with control over the jingle button should trust the supporters to sing what they want when they want.... and hear themselves cheering and chanting after a goal rather than being drowned out by a premeditated din.I think the players might enjoy the real atmosphere too.