Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Sit back and enjoy the relegation battle

It is so nice to be able to sit back and enjoy the relegation battle which frankly is really hotting up with 1 point seperating 4 teams. I am so glad we are not one of them and look forward to seeing who goes and who survives

For me it is Wolves Wigan and QPR none of who I like

The last day of the season looks amazing with Wigan palying Wolves and the game before that playing Blackburn and 3 points for us against Villa who could need the win themselves

Wolves are surely down already - six points is a lot to make up in six games. They are the one team which mathematically cannot catch us up. For the others, if Hughes can get QPR motivated they surely have too much for the other teams. As between Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn, I agree that it will be very interesting.

We could help to down Blackburn. of course, and I expect a tough game there and probably only one point for us at most. It''s difficult to counter a team playing determinedly for survival. Nothing less than an relatively early two-goal lead might help us there.

I am not a betting man, but if I were I would bet on Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton for the drop. I expect many ups and downs, and twists and turns, before all is resolved. At the top it''s looking more and more likely that the club all referees like to support will produce yet another trophy for Sir Alec. The City challenege seems to be faltering, and we could kill that off on Saturday.

Last nights game between Blackburn and Liverpool made me realise what a great season we have had. All season I have been looking at Blackburns results willing them to have lost as they were one of the teams we needed to be above to avoid relegation. Last night I sat there willing them to beat Liverpool so we could finish higher in the league than the might reds.

Relegation for the seaon to be perfect would be:- Wolves, QPR and anyone of the others down there scrapping for thier lives.

[quote user="Blofield Canary"]

Last nights game between Blackburn and Liverpool made me realise what a great season we have had. All season I have been looking at Blackburns results willing them to have lost as they were one of the teams we needed to be above to avoid relegation. Last night I sat there willing them to beat Liverpool so we could finish higher in the league than the might reds.

Relegation for the seaon to be perfect would be:- Wolves, QPR and anyone of the others down there scrapping for thier lives.

[/quote]

Yes relishing a run in to the Prem with City safe.  It''s been a long time coming !  I also would like Wolves and QPR for the drop.  Aside from Wolves (surely too much to do), I think all of the bottom teams have looked good in spells, so any of them could put together a run and escape.

Shame that the top of the table is same-old same-old.  Here''s hoping we can claim some more big scalps to keep it exciting !

Thinking of us for next year I think it would benefit us by having money bags QPR get relegated as they won''t be that bad next season if they stay up.

Wolves have gone and I would like Wigan to stay up as they might be the whipping boys next season. So that leaves Bolton or Blackburn so I vote for Bolton getting relegated as I don''t like Owen Coyle. Plus Steve Kean has had so much undeserved stick this season it would be good to see him put 2 fingers up to his critics for this season.

So that leaves Wigan, Blackburn, Swansea, Villa, Reading plus the play off winners guaranteed to be fighting relegation next season. The bigger the pool is the safer we''ll be as next season will be tougher than this.