Sign in to follow this  
Badger

January Target?

Just heard from a reliable source at work that we''re after some Norwegian Striker currently playing in Germany - Mohammed Abdellaoue. Scored 18 in 36 for Hannover apparently......not the sort of typical post from me, so don''t shoot the messenger!

don''t know much about him, Hannover are a good team though and that goal scoring record looks good for the Bundasliga.It would seem odd though if Lambert went for a foreign player in january. I am only saying this because his past comments seem to suggest players from abroad would take to long to settle this season, would expect any foreign signings to be made in January. The other side of that argument though is that it may be ebst to look abroad in jan, because the prices of english league players just rocket.

I seem to remember saying he''d consider buying from the continent. One of his first interviews about signings for this coming transfer window.

Sounds handy.

Does tick a few boxes-Norwegian players tend to do well over here and he''s played at a high level in Germany, which will mean he is technically adept, Lambert knows the teams and competition out there.

He''d certainly get more of a chance to play some games with us than he would with someone like Arsenal who''d buy him and stick him in suspended animation for a couple of seasons with occasional Cup outings.

Hefty price tag I would imagine though. Perhaps too much for us.