Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Team for the toon

With the personnel we have at our disposal, 4 5 1 is probably the best way to go in most matches, with the people comprising the 5 depending on the opposition etc.

To be truthful, we have a lot of defensive players who are much of a muchness. there isn''t any one player who would be a shoo -in, with the possible exception of Tierney . Russell Martin has done well at CB, but it''s not his best position ,and we really need him at the more usual RB . Not really seen enough of Ayala or Whitbread  to make an honest judgement, but no doubt their time will come.

Martin looked to have lost his right back credibility at this level with the game at Wigan right at the beginning of the season but maybe that was a one off.I would stick with him and Barnett at centre back. De Laet to me is safer at right back than centre back and is plainly a good player and Tierney hasn''t done much wrong.My team then would be based on what the players are good at -Who has scored the most?............................   Holt   Morison  PilkingtonWho are the best midfield passers?................ Surman Hoolahan Fox  Who are the best defenders?....................... Tierney  Barnett Martin  DeLaet Who is  the best goalkeeper?......................................RuddyLooks good to me............but what do I know............

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Hoolahan. Hoolahan should be playing, 4-5-1 is how we should be playing, yes it would be nice to have Holt and Morison on the pitch, but I think starting with 4-5-1, and bringing one of them on later if need be (presumably Holt). Thats my view, no idea what Lambert will do though he seems to be changing things quite often this season.[/quote]

[/quote]

And if you carry on reading, it quite clearly says ''This is my view'' not ''This is my view, your wrong, my view is the correct and most important''.

play 4-5-1   Ruddy,  Naughton, Martin, Barnett, Tierney, Bennet, Crofts, Johnson, Pilkington, Hoolahan, Morrisson.... With Holt on the bench to come on for Bennet come 65-75mins :)

martin, ayala, whitbread, de laet

probably the back 4 i''d like to see although there is absolutely no chance of it happening. demba ba will rape us if we have barnett and martin at centre half.

Ruddy

R.Martin     Barnett    Whitbread    Tierney

Bennett       Fox        Johnson    Pilkington

Holt     Morison

Remember that  due to injury, R.Martin missed the last pre-season game and had not trained fully in the week leading up to our game against Wigan; add that to the fact that Moses would give most defenders a hard time, and that Naughton''s performances have dropped lately, I''d give R.Martin another go at RB with Whitbread now able to come back in at CB.

I also found it hard leaving Hoolahan out, but felt that we needed Johnson and Fox in the middle to restore some of the composure we have been lacking. I would like to see both Holt and Morison start this one, which unfortunately leaves Wes out, unless he is to play out of position, but I''d rather he remained on the bench ready to make an impact if need be, than play where he isn''t as effective.