Sign in to follow this  

Paul Robinson - Weakness to Long Range Shots

I was living in Leeds when he was their keeper and Leeds fans I knew felt he was weak with long range shots (they tended to be ultra-conscious of any weaknesses of their players - mind you, they had good reason in many cases).

Since then I''ve noticed he does tend to concede to long range shots that look saveable (especially when he was in the frame to play for England - which I always found alarming).  So I hope Fox, Pilks etc have a go from distance.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Not usually as advocate of Long Range shooting, but I do believe that with Johnson, Pilkington, Fox and Bennett in the team we probably should take a couple at him if nothing else is on, knowing that this is his weakness.

[quote user="zak123"]Not usually as advocate of Long Range shooting, but I do believe that with Johnson, Pilkington, Fox and Bennett in the team we probably should take a couple at him if nothing else is on, knowing that this is his weakness.[/quote]

someone get a message to the players please!!

I actually think he seems OK at long range saving.  He is a bit of a Dracula however - scared of crosses.  He flaps a bit from what I''ve seen.  get Hoolahan to follow in on the keeper from corners etc would be my advice.

L@@k @t me l@@k @t me I''m better wizard the ipswich fam posting on a Norwich forum please abuse me as that shows me attention. Please everyone L@@K @T ME I need attention now!!!! Go away u silly pessimist I thought u said everyone had got u wrong last week and u didn''t mean it was a "poor point" at anfield. Your boring GO AWAY!!!

[quote user="Better Wizard"]have you not seen our long range shots this season?[/quote]

I was just thinking that...... [:D]

Blackburn are probably being told to restrict us to long-range shots....   LOL