Unlucky decisions/unlucky decisions

Holt out/Holt in

Right tatics/wrong tatics

Ruddy brilliant/Ruddy dodgy

Fortress Carrow Road/Not fortress Carrow Road

Good form/bad form

Right team selection/wrong team selection

Dissapointing results/more than we could have hoped for

Not matter - wherever you stand on the above points, after 10 games we''re doing ok.

Cheer up !!

1 Manchester City 

2 Manchester United 

3 Chelsea 

4 Newcastle United 

5 Tottenham Hotspur 

6 Arsenal 

7 Liverpool 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Norwich City 

9 Aston Villa 

10 Swansea City 

11 Stoke City 

12 Queens Park Rangers 

13 West Brom 

14 Sunderland 

15 Fulham 

16 Everton 

17 Wolverhampton Wanderers 

18 Blackburn Rovers 

19 Bolton Wanderers 

20 Wigan Athletic  

Arbitrary leagues that only exist in peoples minds deflect from the fact that there are 20 teams in this league, not 12.

The more you create leagues within leagues, the more you are empowering the top clubs. Norwich have shown you can compete with the top clubs on an even platform.

The simple message ought to be we are doing well and want to finish as high as possible. Could be 8th, could be 10th, could be 7th or 17th. or whatever.

This mini-league malarky is an annoying distraction.

Surely we can enjoy the season match by match and not create false targets. At the end of the day we could be 8th. or 18th but we should stop looking down and be positive. Thats the key to a good season.

If the crowd is nervous about playing Blackburn it transmits to players. It''s October for goodness sake, we''re doing well. Lets enjoy the matches without fear. If fans are positive that helps the players.

The only league that matters is the whole of the premiership with 20 teams. Don''t be brainwashed by the media whose vested interest is in seeing the "big" clubs at the top.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The more you create leagues within leagues, the more you are empowering the top clubs[/quote]

Rubbish, it''s the billionaire owners that are empowering the top clubs.

[quote user="lake district canary"]This mini-league malarky is an annoying distraction. [/quote]

No it isn''t a distraction. it''s reality.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Surely we can enjoy the season match by match and not create false targets[/quote]

I am enjoying it but it''s not a false target. So our target should be to finish top then?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Don''t be brainwashed by the media whose vested interest is in seeing the "big" clubs at the top.[/quote]

I''m not being brainwashed, I''m just realistic - it''s got nothing to do with the media. Oh, and in case you hadn''t noticed, the "big" clubs are at the top, vested interest by media or not.

"Oh, and in case you hadn''t noticed, the "big" clubs are at the top, vested interest by media or not."

Yes - and they always will be as long as people keep going on about mini-leagues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a league of 20 clubs. Period.

[quote user="lake district canary"]"Oh, and in case you hadn''t noticed, the "big" clubs are at the top, vested interest by media or not." Yes - and they always will be as long as people keep going on about mini-leagues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a league of 20 clubs. Period.[/quote]

Now let me get this right - if no one ever mentioned the words "mini leagues" again then all 20 Premier League Clubs would stand the same chance of winning the League. 

OK, so none of the "top clubs" are where they are because of money, players, wages. bigger crowds, merchandising, squad strength etc,  because it''s all down to people like me who keep going on about mini leagues.

I think I understand now.

"No it isn''t a distraction. it''s reality"

Well said

Just a shame the BBC and those useless newspapers keep printing that 20 team league thing.

It''s a good job we have people like you and the ''friends of the binners'' to keep us in our place and remind us that we should be ''ever so ''umble'' (mind you, coming from North Walsham I doubt there''s little choice in the matter)

I think Mr Lake chap is in a world of his own - next think he''ll be telling us a club can get from League 1 to the Premier League in two seasons and end up top of the Premier League.

Scraps that fall from the table is good enough for the likes of us, little ole Norwich and we are much the better for you a tellin'' us

gawd bless ya guv

[quote user="City1st"]mind you, coming from North Walsham I doubt there''s little choice in the matter[/quote]

It is clear from your 3,200+ posts that there aren''t many things you don''t have an opinion on, which is fine by me.

However, when it means putting forward arguements based on your own sad form of localised racism then maybe you should consider concentrating your comments on what members say rather than make abusive remarks about them which are simply based on where they happen to live.

Or better still, if you can''t make any positive comments then try keeping your opinions to yourself. 

We are not winning any leagues, we don''t get a trophy at the end for finishing 8th. We are currently performing very, very well, but we can do better. If we beat Stoke, WBA and Blackburn at home (Which we should have done) we would now be 3rd. There have always been big clubs in football, but in the past they would struggle from time to time, and in the 80''s Man Utd got relegated. What I''m saying is that you shouldn''t be looking down at this time of the season, it''s all about picking up points to get you as high as you possibly can. Remember when we finished 3rd in this League? I know that won''t happen this year because of all the money in the top clubs nowadays, but why can''t we push for a top half space? We are doing awsome at the minute, but there is still room for improvement, which is a good thing before I get criticised for somehow moaning about the team, which I''m not doing!

[quote user="ryan1992"] We are not winning any leagues, we don''t get a trophy at the end for finishing 8th. We are currently performing very, very well, but we can do better. If we beat Stoke, WBA and Blackburn at home (Which we should have done) we would now be 3rd. There have always been big clubs in football, but in the past they would struggle from time to time, and in the 80''s Man Utd got relegated. What I''m saying is that you shouldn''t be looking down at this time of the season, it''s all about picking up points to get you as high as you possibly can. Remember when we finished 3rd in this League? I know that won''t happen this year because of all the money in the top clubs nowadays, but why can''t we push for a top half space? We are doing awsome at the minute, but there is still room for improvement, which is a good thing before I get criticised for somehow moaning about the team, which I''m not doing![/quote]

Yes if we had won those games we would have been third;   but we did not,  and its winning those games that marks out the "top" teams from the also rans.

This is a tough league;  but its the same in each one;  you have clubs with more financial power than others and it is all about who makes those resources work effectively for them.   There is a direct correlation with finances and league position.

That financial power creates a multi-tier league. The top 6 are Cited, Manure, pool, Spurs, Arsenal & Chelsea;   if they finish outside the top 6 they have underperformed;  just as newcastle are currently over performing.  Last season was similar - by finishing second we actually enormously over performed;  the same this year.

City are in amongst the rest.  That does not mean we wont hit 1st or 3rd or 7th;   or aim for it.  But a smart target is not to finish 8th or above,   aim one is to avoid relegation,  aim two is to avoid relegation with weeks to spare, aim 4 to be mid europe.   That is not being negative;  just with added realism.

I would say we are currently 8th in the league or 2nd in the second league,  behind Toon.

Its early days - our performances show we can do well;  but that every game is competetive and we will have to earn the right to move up the table or to just stay in this league.

[quote user="ryan1992"]We are not winning any leagues, we don''t get a trophy at the end for finishing 8th. We are currently performing very, very well, but we can do better. If we beat Stoke, WBA and Blackburn at home (Which we should have done) we would now be 3rd. There have always been big clubs in football, but in the past they would struggle from time to time, and in the 80''s Man Utd got relegated. What I''m saying is that you shouldn''t be looking down at this time of the season, it''s all about picking up points to get you as high as you possibly can. Remember when we finished 3rd in this League? I know that won''t happen this year because of all the money in the top clubs nowadays, but why can''t we push for a top half space? We are doing awsome at the minute, but there is still room for improvement, which is a good thing before I get criticised for somehow moaning about the team, which I''m not doing![/quote]Sorry to be a pedant but I think you''ll find they last got relegated at the end of the 1973-74 season.

" localised racism "

Folk from North Walsham are a seperate race now, well well ?

I knew some were reknowned for pomposity and a lack of self deprecation, but I would have hardly have thought that those attributes denoted a seperate race.

Perhaps when putting the clocks back it might have been an idea to take out the key . ........

.......it does stop things from getting easily wound up

[quote user="City1st"]Perhaps when putting the clocks back it might have been an idea to take out the key . ........ .......it does stop things from getting easily wound up[/quote]

You obviously didn''t take your key out then - by the way, we don''t have clocks with keys up here anymore, we''ve moved on from the 60''s.