Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

Attention all you 'atmosphere' freaks

and I''m not talking about Halloween!

All of you who constantly and ridiculously snipe on about the Carra atmosphere, are you watching Stoke/Newcastle? Here we are with Stoke 2 nil down and hardly a sound from their supporters and they have a good reputation usually.

Not tonight - almost binfolk, who of course really are abysmal :)

I blame the club

they need to play more music, it gets the happy clappies going .... going home with one bit

maybe a bit to celebrate when a player has ran two miles or has an assist which is almost an assist (if the player hadn''t missed the target) or even assist to an assist

a piece of music to start the second half, but not the cuckoo clock chant as it might confuse them

Benny Hills ''jackety yak'' if a player goes on a huckerby style run

or just have people with giant cue cards like they do at TV recordings so the happies know when they are supposed to cheer, stand up or clap

Our support home and away is better than many clubs. I guess people just comment when its not as good as it can be - but I reckon when its not so good it still beats many others!

OTBC.

Name a league club in English football who''s fans cheer for 90+ minutes for every game.

If your team is two or more goals down, playing a vastly inferior team at home on paper or playing well below par on a Monday night then the majority of fans will not be singing.

The atmosphere at Carrow Road in general is alot better then most, helped by sell-out crowds and the general layout of the stadium with away fans close to the home fans.

"Name a league club in English football who''s fans cheer for 90+ minutes for every game"

Norwich City (away from home)

Away games are brilliant for atomosphere and lots of noisy support. It used to be like that at home games with chanting from about 20 minutes before kick off. Now its like watching television. You switch on just before the match starts and off you go. Shame really.

Still great support every week but it still surprises me how quiet it is before a match.

Honestly, I do believe we have the best fans in the country. That''s not even being biased. Our percentages are not even nearly matched by anyone, considering out drop in divisions. Whilst Stoke seem to sell out and sing loads, do you remember a few years ago in the Champ when they half filled it? Fickle fans, that''s how you would describe them.

''Still great support every week but it still surprises me how quiet it is before a match''

I have to agree, but I am sure if someone was to start singing in the Barclay more people would join in, I know personally that I would.

People in block D of the barclay around Row A and B if I am gonig to be honest don''t even start singing or clapping or anything until they see someone like myself doing it.