Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

A few free agents that we could sign?

It''s surprising just how many free agents there are floating around for one reason or another, here are a few....Richard Wright - I''ve been saying that we should sign him for a year to let Rudd get some games out on loan, no harm right?Sol Campbell - Worth a punt?James McFadden - Can do a job on the left?Steed Malbranque - Class player.El-Hadji Diouf - Shame that he is a complete loon.I''d say that they are all a risk, but if I could choose two I''d have Richard Wright to do a Paul Crichton type job, and Steed Malbranque because the bloke is a class act.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="anonamoose"]never going to happen. Not in lamberts mold[/quote]

Well Lamberts Mould appears to be struggling. Mcfadden and Steed would bring some much needed experience.

[/quote]They''re the only ones I would entertain to the notion of signing. Don''t forget James Beattie is still available [;)] Hahaha.

Steed won''t be playing football. He left his club to support his son through a serious illness.

McFadden would be class signing and I would take a gamble on Diouf.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Steed won''t be playing football. He left his club to support his son through a serious illness.

McFadden would be class signing and I would take a gamble on Diouf.[/quote]

Except he doesn''t have a son.

Surprised McFadden hasn''t found a club, asking too much money? Him and Steed would be very welcome additions imo.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Steed won''t be playing football. He left his club to support his son through a serious illness. [/quote]No, that was a vicious rumour started by twitter and a third rate blog and was never fully supported or validated by any major reputable news outlet. He released a statement saying that he was deeply offended by those malicious claims, confirmed that he did not have a son, and frankly I would suggest in future that if you hear a rumour you check out the source before helping to spread it. That''s what I did after somebody else on here said that, maybe you, and it took me no more than 10 seconds to verify that it was factually incorrect. Malbranque is a very quiet man who hates being in the media or in the spotlight so these rumours were particularly nasty. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ben_lyttleton/09/09/malbranque/

[quote user="bjg123"][quote user="Mervmeister"]Steed won''t be playing football. He left his club to support his son through a serious illness.

McFadden would be class signing and I would take a gamble on Diouf.[/quote]

Except he doesn''t have a son.

Surprised McFadden hasn''t found a club, asking too much money? Him and Steed would be very welcome additions imo.[/quote]He was injured at the end of last year, he turned down a deal from Aberdeen to try and get a Premier League team. He is too good for Aberdeen so that doesn''t surprised me, he is currently on trial with Wolves to prove his fitness.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]All sounds a bit desperate non impress me too much[/quote]Steed Malbranque p*sses over anything else that we have got at the club asides from Hoolahan.

Malbranque would be a good signing and so would Diouf (ability wise).

Not sure about McFadden given that he hasn''t played for a year or so.

whilst i''d welcome the signing of McFadden or Malbranque i really can''t see it happening.  wages would be an issue and the fact the club has shelled out cash for players in similar positions.

F*cking hell LeJuge, take a chill pill. I read it on here and a few other sites that his son was ill. Why would I need to research every single thing I read on here?

As to say it was probably me who started the rumour on here in the first place, do some research yourself before pointing the finger.