Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Please fine the starting lineup a weeks wages

I''m obviously too old now for the modern game - once was a time when you tried to win everything and certainly avoided getting thrashed 4 zip at home to a team two divisions lower.  And Franchise FC at that (adds to the age thing I guess!).  Did you see the 3rd and 4th goals last night?  Was that not embarassing and gave Binners everywhere a reason to mock? I guess some of you would actually advocate not bothering to try hard at Old Trafford, because we will lose that anyway, and better to avoid injury.  Well if thats the case I hope I don''t get a ticket in the ballot for that match as I stand to waste £52 plus travel.  Just an old codger who thinks we should try and win everything  BUT accepts that sometimes we will lose, and can accept that gracefully as long as there is a sense that the team at least have tried.

[quote user="Dave"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Guys if you lot for fined in your day job every time you forgot to put enough cheese on the Big Mac''s you wouldnt get a wage.

So for the love of god quit crying about fines and money back you fickle bunch of idiots !!!
[/quote] I am certainly not fickle ive frequently backed the club even when they havent played too great, but in 28 years of supporting the club its rare ive seen a team play so badly, If you can call it playing football. P.S I dont work in McDonalds ive got a very good job with a reasonable salary, its the principle of it that i think people should get their money back.[/quote]

Now you are just being silly.  If you''ve been a fan for 28 years then you''ve seen Hamilton''s teams, THE Fulham match, Grant''s team especially at QPR and Roeder''s team not to mention Gunn''s and especially Colchester.   And you still say that was a rare bad performance?   Anyone watching City over the last 28 years could name at least 28 games worse than that.   I am not saying it was acceptable but hardly an all time great bad match!!   You have to be making this up. Either the 28 years or the fine the players must be a wind up.   I can guess which it is.

Glad you have a responsible job.  Does your boss fine you when you put the paper through the wrong door?

My 2 penneth worth....... It was a tenner. Get over it.We''ve been knocked out in that round for the last 300 years. What did you expect?It''s the Carling Cup. Who cares?We''re still in the Premiership, nobody died and nobody got pregnant.That is all.[:)]

Dont agree wizard, Lambert always speaks in the press / media about treating every game different and having the desire to win, thats the name of the game.

I toally agree with the other post, we might as well not turn up for the top six prem teams as we might pick up injuries about our ''important'' games against the lesser premiership clubs, where do you draw the line.

I am actually glad we are out of the cup as we will have less games and can focus on the league but it is the gutless performance I can not stomach, its not fair on the fans that watched and does not put our squad in good light.

Too worried about injuries or either the players think they are to big to play in the Carling cup and a slurr opn their footballing ability.

Lamber needs a stern word to them all and a swift kick up the arse and ensure focus is resumed ready to tackle one of the most difficult teams in the league!!

Like any sporting event and you put on your clubs shirt you should do so with pride, Tuesday night they never,

sorry I think there are a few players who now think they are too big for being classed as a ''fringe'' player.

Moan over