Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

NCISA AGM

[quote user="1eed5canary"]

Spot on Desert Fox, I agree wholeheartedly with you. Which is why I took the decision to offer my skills and ideas to the current committee. What I would hope is that all other members or prospective members take the time to offer their thoughts too. Its no good discussing things on the Pink Un if we''re not going to suggest solutions to the people who can get things organised (ie the committee)

Btw, check your PM [Y] 

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Although it''s unwelcome in some ncisa quarters I''m going to put my two penneth in here. This is, afterall a public forum for Norwich fans.

I''m watching this with interest because I''d like to join.

[/quote]

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Nutty,

You are entitled to your opinions

I am struggling to understand your problem with an organisation that you do not belong to. If you don’t like the way NCISA is run, either join and influence from with, ignore it or set up another body.

[/quote]

Leeds invites my views. Des suggests I should bog off and set up another body. Which is it?

[quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well there you go Des. That''s what happens when you discuss ncisa business on a public supporters forum. So can I politely suggest you approach your committee to get a discussion board going on your own web site[:|]

[/quote]

Nutty,

As you have reminded me on more than occasion, this is a public forum and eveyone is entitled to comment - unless of course the moderators deem otherwise. I have no problem with your opinions being expressed other than my when it concerns my right to belong to a democratic body - which I take strong objection to.  Please accept this a reasonable point of view as I have no inclination to get it in to argument about this fundamental right.

[/quote]

Des

I''m really struggling to see where expressing my opinion concerns your right to belong to a democratic body. But if that body is being discussed on a public forum, which I am a member of, then I can voice my opinion. In fact, as I pointed out above, some of your democratic body members invited it. I don''t understand what I have done to upset you.

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Excellent post Nutty, thank you for taking the time to post your views. I really think that there are some great suggestions coming from this thread now.

Obviously, with any organisation any suggestions put to either the committee or voted for by members would go with the majority rule ie 51% of votes for any sugestion to go through.
Who knows, god forbid if things turn sour and a Lambert out campaign started - what would the NCISA role be? Well, it would be up to the members to canvass the committee into collating a vote of the membership, then issuing a statement such like based on the results. Heck, it could even be worded "71% of NCISA members believe he should go" - if you don''t agree with it, fine. There will always be people in groups who disagree with each other some of the time. But why should this effect your enjoyment of the rest of the things that go hand in hand with membership? There will never be a group where everyone agrees with everyone else. But you will have a say. Imagine a scenario where NCISA did issue an objective you don''t agree with - if you had have been a member you would have had a chance to sway the vote - instead of looking in from afar.
[/quote]

I fully understand that Leeds. What I don''t understand is why a supporters club would want to canvass members to find out if they believe a manager should be sacked? What would you hope to achieve? This is the one "sticking point" (for want of a better word) which causes my reluctance to join ncisa.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="crafty canary"]

No, I have never written that I know better than Delia. I have written that I believe she is not competent at running a football club and all the evidence since she appointed people who do would seem to support my view. Yet more make believe from Nutty.

Yes i wanted her out, was I alone in that view? Err, no. Never mind Nutty bestter luck next time.

So Neil Doncaster knows better than most? Why then did you blamed him (and Roger Mumby) for the club''s demise to League One? To avoid having to criticise the people who appointed him.of course. Try to be consistent!

So NCFC is answerable to its shareholders and customers. I agree and as both a shareholder and customer I reserve the right to criticise. Interesting that this is a right you wish to deny me. Again, how about some consitency?

I take it that at the AGM you will not offer any opinions as you are not a member of NCISA and hold it in such contempt.

[/quote]

Whoops, tricky questions Crafty.

I''m looking forwards to watching Nutty''s Googly of a response on this one [:)]
[/quote]

Tricky for you maybe Smudge but not me.

Delia has never "run a football club" What she has done is appoint people to do it for her. Her first appointment was Bob Cooper. He took over when the club was at the bottom of the Championship and left after the play-off final in 2002. She then appointed Neil Doncaster and the success continued and within 2 years the club was in the Premier League. The club lost it''s way in 2006 which resulted in relegation to Legue One in 2009. Delia said changes would have to be made, Doncaster went, and Delia appointed McNally. What part of that excuses Crafty''s disgraceful attempts to rally a campaign against her. Something which was supported by the democratic body who invited him to write a blog on their web site. Smudger, why do you and Crafty criticise Delia for appointing Munby and Doncaster?

I don''t see where I have denied anybody the right to their opinion. The only person who wants to do that is Des who doesn''t think I am entitled to an opinion on this thread because I am not a member.

What AGM is Crafty talking about? The ncisa AGM? Spot on if he is. I shall not be offering any opinions because I''m not a member and shan''t be present. However, I don''t hold ncisa in contempt, just some of it''s member''s ideas. I think someone has been pulling a few chains on this point. I would join ncisa, if it was right for me. If it wasn''t I won''t join. In either case I have no wish to get anymore involved than being a member enjoying being part of a supporters club. I have too many other commitments to be able to devote the time that others do on the ncisa committee. I have admiration for those people and understand their commitment. Some people seem to be under the impression that there has to be an ulterior motive behind ncisa using my place of work for committee meetings and other functions. Those who do need to understand that I am always happy to help people who contact me. If I''m asked to do something I will find reasons to do it rather than reasons not to. It''s the way I live my life and my reward is the friendship and contacts that attitude brings me.

Nutty,

I have had my say on this and Beauseant has provided me with the ncessary assurance that I was seeking.

Quite frankly, I no longer care what you think as she clearly hold NCISA in contempt and you have implied that it doesnt have a right to exist "Fans don''t need a kind of trade union to take their views to the club for them".  Thanks for your views, but NCISA members can decide how NCISA will be governed/structured for themselves. As I have said, if you want change, please join and influence from within or at least respect the rights for memebers to self determine.

Over and out for me - I have had enough of the playground atmsopshere on this thread. Roll on next Saturday so that we can put the silly season behind us and concentrate upon the team.

Nutty,

I have had my say on this and Beauseant has provided me with the ncessary assurance that I was seeking.

Quite frankly, I no longer care what you think as she clearly hold NCISA in contempt and you have implied that it doesnt have a right to exist "Fans don''t need a kind of trade union to take their views to the club for them".  Thanks for your views, but NCISA members can decide how NCISA will be governed/structured for themselves. As I have said, if you want change, please join and influence from within or at least respect the rights for memebers to self determine.

Over and out for me - I have had enough of the playground atmsopshere on this thread. Roll on next Saturday so that we can put the silly season behind us and concentrate upon the team.

[/quote]

Well thanks for that Des.

I don''t believe I deserve it but thanks anyway[Y]

Nutty,

Sorry, I''m not very good at doing the multi quote thing! So please accept this as my reponse to your questions for me in your "quotathon"!

It is my personal opinion that prospective members should be asked what they would like to see from NCISA, sorry if this wasn''t clear. Other members and the committee may have other views, but my view is its pointless trying to recruit members to a club if that club isn''t offering the things they want. I can also see DF''s point about influence from within - this is one of the stances I have taken. I joined, saw room for improvement then made suggestions. I''m not at all worried if these suggestions are not implemented - if I find the group not to my liking I can choose not to rejoin.

With regard the canvassing issue - maybe the example given wasn''t suitable. NCISA could canvass opinion on any one of 1000 subjects, and publish its findings. The price of pies, the state of the bathroom facilities, parking, policing, the list is endless! Or to turn it on its head - it may turn out that 80% of members think the bathroom facilites are wonderful, why not tell this to club? NCISA could be about reassuring the club the fans are happy about some things, but have contempt for others. What I was alluding to, was a fans voice. 70 odd percent of  a NCISA membership is a bigger voice than Joe Bloggs (him again [:)]) emailing the club directly. Yes, it may be taken with a pinch of salt within the corridors of power, but maybe, just maybe some things will be taken on board.

I truly believe that some good has come from this thread.

And as if by magic this quote from David McNally hits the message board as part of the "Merchandise" thread

"What is relevant though, is the opinion of as many supporters as possible and we continue to get great feedback from supporters at focus groups"

Good points Leeds. But none of those things are what I would join a supporters club for. But that''s me. If I was unhappy with most those issues I''d contact the club. I can see where such things as policing, or lack of it, could be something a supporters club may want to raise with the club. I think the game at Portman Road a few months ago was one such thing.

My fear would be that if a supporters club continually contacted the football club to complain about the manager, the pies, the bathroom, parking and so on they would be viewed as a bunch of "moaning minnies" by the people at the club responsible for those things. Having an independent body to raise issues (basically complaints) with the club helps create an atmosphere of "them and us" which by it''s vey nature is divisive. I believe that the football club comprises of owners, board, manager, players and fans. All these being integral to it''s success. I believe at Norwich these are more closely knit than at many other clubs. A real family and community club if you like. Although I realise that is something many fans find abhorrent.

Nowhere in this thread is anybody talking about social activities and things that could enhance the enjoyment of Norwich supporters. Surely supporting a football club is a leisure activity to be enjoyed. The only role of a supporters club that is being discussed on this thread is that of an independent body to be there to represent fans who may have any grievances with the club. Hence my trade union analogy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nowhere in this thread is anybody talking about social activities and things that could enhance the enjoyment of Norwich supporters. Surely supporting a football club is a leisure activity to be enjoyed. The only role of a supporters club that is being discussed on this thread is that of an independent body to be there to represent fans who may have any grievances with the club. Hence my trade union analogy.

[/quote]

Thats not quite fair Nutty - Beauseant has, on more than one occasion, on this thread spoken about "member benefits, prize draws and supporter forums" which I think falls into the category highlighted above.

I think a line should be drawn here. NCISA isn''t for you at this time - why not have another look after the AGM to see if anything of note has changed?

[quote user="1eed5canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thats not quite fair Nutty - Beauseant has, on more than one occasion, on this thread spoken about "member benefits, prize draws and supporter forums" which I think falls into the category highlighted above.

I think a line should be drawn here. NCISA isn''t for you at this time - why not have another look after the AGM to see if anything of note has changed?

[/quote]

My comment was unfair because Beaus did mention those things. And it''s also fair to point out many of my friends who are also ncisa members are active at these and other social events. But they don''t seem to be as important on this thread as ncisa remaining an independent voice for it''s members to take on the club whenever they are disappointed by results or other issues. As I say repeatedly I believe we are all on the same side. I have no problem waiting for the AGM Leeds. But I honestly don''t see where any comments I have made on this thread could have caused so much offence to the likes of Des. It may be ncisa will be for me after the AGM. I would like it to be. But whether it is or not if it''s discussed of this forum I will join in that discussion if I wish.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]. It may be ncisa will be for me after the AGM. I would like it to be. But whether it is or not if it''s discussed of this forum I will join in that discussion if I wish.

[/quote]

We would like it to be too Nutty, the more members we have, the more fun we''ll have at our social activities [:)]

[quote user="Desert Fox"]What was so exciting about the barbecue last night that caused the thread to be pulled this morning???
[/quote]

There was a not so nice comment on that thread from Crafty Canary aimed at Lappin/Tilly  a bit earlier so maybe Petes just pulled it to tidy it up?

As for the BBQ it was a roaring success, must have been a good 65 ish people there, the food was good, the company was good and it was a highly enjoyable evening.

Thanks to the organisers, the chefs and Nutty for providing the venue.

[/quote]

That is unless I get a sniff that something "exciting" might have occured at the PUPs night/NCISA BBQ[:O]

What were you expecting to happen[:^)]

I missed Corrie through that damned BBQ so could you give me an update Dezza[;)]

Many thanks to all at NCISA for a fun evening, great to put some faces on the pseudonoms of Nutty, Lappin, Leeds Canary, Smudger and Bro, (who i sit bang in front of in the snakepit!) Beauseant, Tilly, Canary Chris, and of course my old muckers City Angel and Harry.