Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

The biggest mistake by a NCFC manager.

2 stand out for me.

Roedent''s treatment of Hucks was not only treason but a very poor decision in footballing terms. His influence on the club was massive and were a one man team for so long.

Secondly Worthys decision to bring on Sutch in the play off final cost us. We sat back to defend the lead and invited them on to score, when we should have pushed for a 2nd while we had them on the ropes.

Worthy knew his mistake and I''m sure this influenced his thoughts 2seasons later when for the final push we went all out with Hucks, Leon and Svensson up front.

"Getting rid of Malky was not the problem. He would have been massively out of his depth in the Prem, as two subsequent managers agreed. His legendary status on here is largely because, unlike Gary Holt, Eddie and Flem, he was not exposed in the Premier League. In my humble opinion.

The problem was not replacing him"

Spot on RBLim - on both counts for malky; fleming was better suited for the prem, and was found out; neither were good enough for the prem despite conceeding just 35 goals that season.

That watford also released him to west ham mid season having recognised his shortfalls in the prem, enabling him to get promoted 3 consecutive seasons confirms this.

After failing to get a back up keeper for gunn the next biggest error for me was worthy not having faith in his prem squad (only turned it around once his signings we picked rather than his trusted promoted faves) followed up by the failure to purchase well that summer (Hughes & Jarrett says it all)

[quote user="yellowdamien"]Got to be Mike Walker going to Everton. Devastated me as a kid.[/quote]Devastated me too, I just couldn''t understand...knew he was makin'' a mistake and I was proved right!