Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

How much is Cody worth?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

If Peterborough really offered £550, 000 for him then we should have accepted it. If we did not, as a matter of principle**, because of their antics, then we are sinking to their level. Norwich is a far bigger club than little Posh, and the nonsense about M-Smith should have been brushed aside as the minor irritant that it was. Too trivial to bother with.

**Rumours?

It could be, however, that the Club does actually value Cody higher. More likely, Fry made up the figure and he really offered less. 

[/quote]

A little bit of research goes a long way....

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2575460/ShowPost.aspx#2575460

[/quote]

Oh thank you for that.

Research?  We all know about that.

What is the truth of it though? It seems a bit unlikely to me.

[/quote]

What''s do hard to believe? Peterborough Chairman offers £550k for player, we say he''s worth more. Peterborough Chairman goes public with it. Hardly "Just saw Elvis in Asda" is it?

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]

Quite alot of people on here hate Cody, well your entitled to your opinion..... I personally think we would be idiots to let him go for 500k, I say loan him out to a championship club give him a chance to prove he can compete at that level.

If he has a good season his price will almost certainly go up to well around 1 - 1.5 million.

Why let him go now for 500k, pennies in todays transfer market we might as well keep hold of him.

The people slating Cody are probably the same doubters that said Holt could is not a Championship striker!!!!

You will all be gutted if we sold him to a championship club for 500k and then he bangs in a hat full of goals and his proce goes up to in the millions.

Jesus, far to many people slate players on here, give the lad a chance at another club, we dont have to sell him.

[/quote]

If we loan him out to a Champs club and he bags 20+ goals then he walks into that or another club for a free at the end of the season.

People o on about doubters of Cody on here, but at the end of the day, the manager doesn''t rate Cody and the management team will value the player at whatever they thing fit.

This 1 million plus rubbish is laughable, he''s only evern scored in the lowest league, he''s 25 and in the last year of his contract.

Does anyone really think he will be given a chance here?

For his own benefit he needs to make a fresh start elsewhere and we need to be realistic with our valuations.....

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

If Peterborough really offered £550, 000 for him then we should have accepted it. If we did not, as a matter of principle**, because of their antics, then we are sinking to their level. Norwich is a far bigger club than little Posh, and the nonsense about M-Smith should have been brushed aside as the minor irritant that it was. Too trivial to bother with.

**Rumours?

It could be, however, that the Club does actually value Cody higher. More likely, Fry made up the figure and he really offered less. 

[/quote]

A little bit of research goes a long way....

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2575460/ShowPost.aspx#2575460

[/quote]

Oh thank you for that.

Research?  We all know about that.

What is the truth of it though? It seems a bit unlikely to me.

[/quote]

What''s do hard to believe? Peterborough Chairman offers £550k for player, we say he''s worth more. Peterborough Chairman goes public with it. Hardly "Just saw Elvis in Asda" is it?

[/quote]

Oh! It''s you, I just noticed, the one who seems to spend all day and every day trawling through other''s posts with your microscopic eye looking for things to dispute. You''ve done it to me before and, I have since noticed, to others.

I envy your postings count, by the way, Sir/Madam.

This information, revealed by McAnthony, suddenly came out of the blue. Yet he claims that they had been after Cody for no less than six weeks. This is what seems unlikely to me, ie. that this would have remained unrumoured or unreported for that length of time. The World of Football does not work like that.

No doubt there was an element of truth in what he said, but if they had made a formal offer, then we would have been made aware of it in some way, shape or form.

Why should McNasty have wanted to remain silent about it all  for six long weeks in any case? Making these "bids" public may have instigated an auction. Posh bidding for a Norwich player is hardly a state secret.

In response to the opinions that Cody wouldnt accept a new contract and a championship club wouldnt want him on loan, firstly Peterborough clearly want him so why don''t we loan him to them, push aside the dislike we have for the club. And secondly I think Cody would sign a new deal on the basis of an increased salary and with there being a reasonable release clause in his contract of around £1.5million, which you would expect to be met if he had a decent season with goals in the championship

[quote user="UEA Canary"]In response to the opinions that Cody wouldnt accept a new contract and a championship club wouldnt want him on loan, firstly Peterborough clearly want him so why don''t we loan him to them, push aside the dislike we have for the club. And secondly I think Cody would sign a new deal on the basis of an increased salary and with there being a reasonable release clause in his contract of around £1.5million, which you would expect to be met if he had a decent season with goals in the championship[/quote]

Time is no longer on our side, however. Cody''s contract has just one year before he can leave as a free agent, which he will. If you are suggesting we get him to sign a new contract now, then it might work, but what''s in it for the player.

He has no chance of being first team at Norwich, he faces a future of being shunted around from one lower league side to another and the prospect of a Bosman windfall is further away. I should think he would like to settle somewhere. 

Loans are out. We have to sell him ASAP 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Oh! It''s you, I just noticed, the one who seems to spend all day and every day trawling through other''s posts with your microscopic eye looking for things to dispute. You''ve done it to me before and, I have since noticed, to others.

[/quote]

No, I do not trawl through the posts I just can''t help noticing that some people are ill-informed and/or seem to take nothing in.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

No, I do not trawl through the posts I just can''t help noticing that some people are ill-informed and/or seem to take nothing in.

[/quote]

Oh! It''s back, surprise, surprise. I just wonder how many computer chairs he/she gets through in the course of a year.

Your last comment was both insulting to me and to others and ill-informed in it''s own right. Perhaps you should read my last posting on this thread again and take it in.

I note that you have upset somebody else on this Board as well today. What are your motives? You''re certainly no sage yourself, made clear by many of your postings. 

I think you like yourself too much

He is worth whatever somebody will pay but I can''t see us getting much more than £350K top whack. Somebody will have to be pretty desperate to pay £500K+.If he''s still here in January I doubt we''d get anywhere near that.