Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

well done swansea

cant wait to see your 150 to 200 supporters at carrow road in the premier league !!!! only good thing about you winning is maybe we can buy long , or kebe , or mills from reading ! OTBC

interesting fact time: swansea now mean that half of the 92 professional clubs have played in the premiership since it started in 1992.... depending who gets promoted in may  2012 the rest of the teams that havent could be in the minority of this!

Add a 0 to your prediction and you will be much closer. Dont disrespect Swansea, they taught us a lesson at their place last season and today they taught a strong Reading outfit an even bigger lesson.

Show some class ziggy - why taunt a team simply for not being yours!

I really really hope we have supporters who show some class and respect this coming season. It doesn''t mean you ares upporting your own team any less.

Shame Reading didn''t win; they have a much better class of fan!

Yes, the team from Wales have done well - although I don''t want to forgive the Swansea players for whooping and yelling down Holt''s ear when they beat us at their place. I found that disrespectful. Never mind, what goes around comes around...

Agreed Mustard - however, their football has been a pleasure to watch this season. Good luck to them - if you want the honest truth, I hope us and them stay up next season. Happy for QPR to drop back down as well as two perennial hanger-oners!

Another fact for you, The last seven winners of the Championship Play Off Final (before today) will be playing in The Championship next season!

Crystal Palace

West Ham United

Watford

Derby County

Hull City

Burnley

Blackpool

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Another fact for you, The last seven winners of the Championship Play Off Final (before today) will be playing in The Championship next season!

Crystal Palace

West Ham United

Watford

Derby County

Hull City

Burnley

Blackpool[/quote]You could add Birmingham to that list aswell. They beat us in 02 wasn''t it?

Swansea play some extremelly nice football and (lets face it) are the kind of team you would never tire of watching. Their solid defence and pacy offence will make them a hard scalp in the Premier League and they can be as confident as any of the promoted teams that they will stay up. Their away record needs sorting out though and (as Reading showed) they might struggle against more direct teams (i.e. Stoke, Blackburn). Regardless, congratulations to the Swans. p.s. I hope that they change their authority to the English FA as I can''t handle a Premier League team being ran by the Welsh FA.

[quote user="Gareth"]I hope that they change their authority to the English FA as I can''t handle a Premier League team being ran by the Welsh FA.[/quote]Why does noboby comment about Football League clubs being affiliated to the FAW, but as soon as one gets promoted to The Premier League it becomes an issue?Was this a problem when Swansea City were in the top flight back in the early 1980''s?

[quote user="Gareth"]p.s. I hope that they change their authority to the English FA[/quote]It was confirmed a few weeks ago that Cardiff and Swansea will answer to the English FA from next season.[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/06/fa-faw-cardiff-swansea]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/06/fa-faw-cardiff-swansea[/url]

Well I''m pleased they went up. The best side I saw at CR last year. Play good football. Came third, and did nothing to annoy me during the season (in Stark contrast to cheating Reading). Plus their manager is walking up Kilamanjaro (sp?) so is hardly going to be in a position to catch up in terms of transfer activity! 

It is a little frustrating how the media suddenly cling to a team once they get Premier League status and soon forget them if they go down.

I''ve seen 2 websites now which state Swansea are known as ''the Barcelona of the Championship'' - really? i''ve not heard anyone say that all season.

Amuses me though how much attention Cardiff got because everyone was so sure they would be in the Premier League, they had Bellamy on loan, etc.. and now they are forgotten.