Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Wage Cap?

If we are to go up, no reason why not, should we put a cap on the maximum that lambert can pay a player each week? I understand that Lambert likes to hunt in the lower leagues (RMartin, Crofts, Fox, Jackson, Tierney etc) and they demand a smaller wage, but now we are in the prem, players and their agents will hold out for ''premiership'' wages £20,000+ a week which imo is beyond excessive. Should the board give lambert a wage cap of £10,000 a week for a players wages. As if we were to come back down in season 1 we wouldn''t have to off load much of the squad to save on wages?

Wage cap every poxy player in the prem to a max of £10,000 a week then the rest up to a cap of £50k a week which is dependant on wins and not dicking other players wife''s and girlfriends.

Even if we get relegated, wages should not be a problem as we have 16 million pounds parachute payments in that first season, 12 million the next etc. Having said that, I would still be strongly in favour of relegation clauses that reduce wages to our previous Championship levels on relegation. Of course, if we want to hold onto our better players we may have to bite the bullet and keep to their higher wages.  

[quote user="paul moy"]Even if we get relegated, wages should not be a problem as we have 16 million pounds parachute payments in that first season, 12 million the next etc. Having said that, I would still be strongly in favour of relegation clauses that reduce wages to our previous Championship levels on relegation. Of course, if we want to hold onto our better players we may have to bite the bullet and keep to their higher wages.  [/quote]

that plan would have us back in debt rather quick. Most well run clubs now follow the low wage route and the days of Portsmouth are long gone.

Once this club is finally out of debt even if that takes a couple of yo yo seasons with McNally in charge this club will become massive.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Even if we get relegated, wages should not be a problem as we have 16 million pounds parachute payments in that first season, 12 million the next etc. Having said that, I would still be strongly in favour of relegation clauses that reduce wages to our previous Championship levels on relegation. Of course, if we want to hold onto our better players we may have to bite the bullet and keep to their higher wages.  [/quote]

that plan would have us back in debt rather quick. Most well run clubs now follow the low wage route and the days of Portsmouth are long gone.

Once this club is finally out of debt even if that takes a couple of yo yo seasons with McNally in charge this club will become massive.

[/quote]

I think you misunderstand my post. I am in favour of the lowest wages we can get away with, especially in the Prem. Our wages should relate to our turnover and be sustainable, and if they were not then we would be ineligible for the Champions League under the new 2013 rules, however unlikely the possibility of our qualification. The only exception to this in my post was for our better players in order to dissuade the poachers on relegation, if absolutely necessary.

I think we need a wage cap.Why?I have heard that Blackpool have a wage cap of 10,000 pounds. They are obviously the smallest team in the Prem, and we are almost twice as big as them (calculating in seats in stadium). I think we should not exactly copy the Blackpool setup as they have NOT been able to attract good players that way. They are only fighting relegation with IIan Holloways aggression and will-power. Not ability.I think we should however put a cap on our wage but we should have that 20,000 pounds and then have a marquee player system like they do in Aussieland where Michael Theoklitos is the best keeper around. We should do that do we can possibly attract players who have Champions League experience and can be a star of our team, the core. We look at Schalke and how they have managed to land Raúl. We could manage to land a similar player (maybe not that good at first).

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

I think you misunderstand my post. I am in favour of the lowest wages we can get away with, especially in the Prem. Our wages should relate to our turnover and be sustainable, and if they were not then we would be ineligible for the Champions League under the new 2013 rules, however unlikely the possibility of our qualification. The only exception to this in my post was for our better players in order to dissuade the poachers on relegation, if absolutely necessary.

[/quote]

I apologise and yes I agree only a problem when relegated. If teams want to sign the likes of Holt and Hoolahan when we go up they will have to pay silly money allowing Lambert to bring in established players at the same price. Once our debt is cleared I am convinced this club will become a force that can hold their own in the PL and get straight back if the need arises.

I feel an awful lot happier with McNally and PL in charge should we go up than the last time .

PL has shown he''s no fool in who to get in and i cant see that aproach changing thatmuch even with a far larger cheque book.

Same with McNally. He can see the fine line between running the club against buying players far better than Doomcaster ever could.

Whilst i agree to an extent with the " budget to go down again " that we had i think we carried that too far .

[quote user="Cambridge yellow"]

I feel an awful lot happier with McNally and PL in charge should we go up than the last time .

PL has shown he''s no fool in who to get in and i cant see that aproach changing thatmuch even with a far larger cheque book.

Same with McNally. He can see the fine line between running the club against buying players far better than Doomcaster ever could.

Whilst i agree to an extent with the " budget to go down again " that we had i think we carried that too far .[/quote]

[IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/pinkdolphin11/smilies/agreed-1.gif[/IMG]