Sign in to follow this  
Carra Rud

The Froidee Fillum: Sheff Utd (h) 00-01

City fight back from 2-nil down to claim three points against Sheffield United in October 2000.Some decent goals in there. The unfortunate Gaetano Giallanza does his cruciate for the first time. Our team:

A. Marshall, D. Sutch, F. Derveld yellow card, L. Marshall, C. Fleming, D. Kenton, P. Mulryne, M. Mackay, I. Roberts, G. Giallanza (T. Cottee, 50), C. Llewellyn  
Subs not used: D. Russell, R. Green, R. De Waard, S. Walsh  

[quote user="Captain Holts Derby Day Hat-Trick"]Have you got every season review in digital format? Is there any way these can be shared?[/quote]Now that is illegal.

Thanks for this.

I had forgotten how promising Giallanza looked. Shame it all went wrong after this

Gaetano Giallanza was immense, he could have been a big player for us. The passing for that 4th goal was stunning, shame Llewellyn was utter rubbish.

I have to agree with everyone, Gaetano Giallanza had just settled and looked an absolute legend in the making. I spoke to him about his injury before a match and he was positive about getting back to full fitness. Gutted for him he never made it. Really nice bloke.

As for Llewelyn - I was in a pub 10 miles from me in a small village called Merthyr Vale and imagine my surprise as various pictures of Chris Llewelyn in Norwich shirts were all over the walls. It was his home village - It''s nice to be surprised by seeing your teams colours in strange places.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Timely reminder of how good the legend called Iwan Roberts was. Strength, vision and goalscoring.[/quote]He looked unusually quick for the Cottee goal too.