Sign in to follow this  
Jules

Simon Lappin

I''m delighted that Simon Lappin came on last night and had a share in our promotion winning game. This is especially so as I think back to the shocking way he was treated under Roeder and his insistance on staying at Norwich. I was impressed by the way he conducted himself during what must have been a very difficult period for him. Whether he''s good enough for the Premier League is another matter but nice to see his professionalism and loyalty to the club getting rewards for him. Well done Lapps!Also, on this promotion winning morning my mind goes back to the last time we were promoted and to Mr Norwich City, Roy Waller, who devoted his show the following morning to our promotion victory.  It''s a shame he couldn''t be here to witness this one but I heard that his wife was making a special trip today to his grave to tell him we''re back up with the big boys.

Must have been terrible for Lappin to stay here picking up a nice amount of money. [;)]

And before you try and go nuts, I am playing devil''s advocate.[6]

Absolutely delighted for Lappin as well, can''t think of a more deserving player given how he stuck with us through circumstances which would see most other players do all they can to leave.

Regarding Roy, well he was in my thoughts throughout last night, a few moments after the final whistle when the players ran and slid over to our fans I could almost hear Roy speaking over what I was seeing, I have no shame in admitting I shed a joyful tear!

Had I not already been standing, I''d have done so to applaud him onto the pitch, although he was greeted with rousing applause and a stirring rendition of Simon Lappin, King of Spain...

He''s a model professional, a great credit to our club, and the kind of player the youth products would do well to look up to.

Whether or not he remains next season should be of no discredit to him.

OTBC

[quote user="official_mushy"]

Absolutely delighted for Lappin as well, can''t think of a more deserving player given how he stuck with us through circumstances which would see most other players do all they can to leave.

[/quote]

Didn''t he only stay with us because Motherwell couldn''t or wouldn''t match his wage demands [^o)]

I like the guy but sense that the attempts to portray him as a saint are only really being used to give Roeder some more (deserved) stick. He''s been an important part of our success over the past two years but let''s not build his part up anymore than he deserves.

We were due to start some home improvements on his house today but we had to put them off coz they had all been out on the p*ss all night!! Excellent stuff!!!!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="official_mushy"]

[/quote]

Didn''t he only stay with us because Motherwell couldn''t or wouldn''t match his wage demands [^o)]

I like the guy but sense that the attempts to portray him as a saint are only really being used to give Roeder some more (deserved) stick. He''s been an important part of our success over the past two years but let''s not build his part up anymore than he deserves.

[/quote]

You said exactly what I was thinking Shack - people seem to like him mainly as he didn''t play under Roeder. He would have left as soon as anyone had offered him enough wages, but as they didn''t he stayed. I believe when Cureton did this he was called a leech...