Sign in to follow this  
Jem

Good article

http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/03/football-blogs/a-case-of-too-much-too-soon-for-norwich-city

Kind of puts into perspective the position we are in and the fact that the opportunity might not come along again for a while. Something we all know but a bit scary too! We really must go for it now and I hope we rise to the challenge.

That article may interest those outside Norfolk rather more than us.

We know we have a great opportunity - we just need to ensure we take it. I''d rather we talked less about the Prem; two weeks of inactivity because of the Internationals may prove our undoing should we not manage to beat Scunthorpe!

With eight games remaining we''re now in a mini-league of our own where we start in second place. In middle-distance running parlance, others are on our shoulder as we hit the last bend. Can we fend them off? Ipswich fans in particular would love us to mess up now we''re this close to the promised land; used correctly that ''fear of failure'' aspect should spur every Norwich player and fan to do their bit in every second of every game between now and the end of the season.

Personally I won''t be comfortable until we at least open up a 3 point gap between 2nd and 3rd positions. Whatever happens on Saturday, it''s the proverbial ''one game at a time'' all the way home. S''good though, innit?

Thanks for the article Jem.

Since Norwich have been in and around the top six places in the Championship, the debate has been whether they are really good enough for the Premier League, are they ready for the Premiership and would they survive, if they were to go up?

Well time will tell in the answers to these key questions, but at this stage of the season there is quite simply no place for fear or insecurity, the team has earned the chance to compete for a place in arguably the best league in the world.

There is no doubt that the team would need to be strengthened, but just like this season there will be players who will step up to the challenge. What is not in question is the strong team spirit, excellent manager and ambitious board. Although, Norwich may have progressed quicker than many people expected, Premier League football is a key objective; Norwich already has a stadium that can hold 27,000 fans in addition to impressive youth and training facilities.

The Championship this season has been tight and there has been no stand out teams, this represents a fantastic opportunity for Norwich to grab a place in the top two. Big teams like West Ham, Wolves and Wigan could be relegated from the Premier League and make the Championship very difficult next season. Not to mention big spenders like Hull and Leicester looking to break into the top six.

Some people forget that Norwich are no strangers to the Premier League and were in fact one of the founder members. Those early days of the Premier League included some inspired performances from the Canaries. The real highlights being an impressive third place finish and a run to Europe that included a now famous victory against Bayern Munich.

Since, then Norwich have enjoyed one further spell in the top flight in the 2004/5 season, and although the team were relegated that season, they would have learned a lot about the Premiership. These experiences should ensure that Norwich City are prepared for the challenges of the Premier League.

Changes will need to be made, but I’m sure that promotion to the Premier League is crucial for the club to progress. Time will tell if Norwich can maintain their place, but even if they can’t the financial rewards on offer will still be massive and it’s a chance they simply can’t afford to pass up, because who knows when they will get another opportunity.

there is the article for anyone who can''t be bothered to copy and paste the link!

Well thank you very much for the feedback and doing my promotion for me!

The topic was set for me by my editor with the question being - are Norwich really ready for the Premier League.

But the main point has been highlighted from the sense that it doesn''t matter if we are ready we simply must take the opportunity.

"and it’s a chance they simply can’t afford to pass up"

I wonder if the club and players are aware of that

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Since Norwich have been in and around the top six places in the Championship, the debate has been whether they are really good enough for the Premier League, are they ready for the Premiership and would they survive, if they were to go up?

Well time will tell in the answers to these key questions, but at this stage of the season there is quite simply no place for fear or insecurity, the team has earned the chance to compete for a place in arguably the best league in the world.

There is no doubt that the team would need to be strengthened, but just like this season there will be players who will step up to the challenge. What is not in question is the strong team spirit, excellent manager and ambitious board. Although, Norwich may have progressed quicker than many people expected, Premier League football is a key objective; Norwich already has a stadium that can hold 27,000 fans in addition to impressive youth and training facilities.

The Championship this season has been tight and there has been no stand out teams, this represents a fantastic opportunity for Norwich to grab a place in the top two. Big teams like West Ham, Wolves and Wigan could be relegated from the Premier League and make the Championship very difficult next season. Not to mention big spenders like Hull and Leicester looking to break into the top six.

Some people forget that Norwich are no strangers to the Premier League and were in fact one of the founder members. Those early days of the Premier League included some inspired performances from the Canaries. The real highlights being an impressive third place finish and a run to Europe that included a now famous victory against Bayern Munich.

Since, then Norwich have enjoyed one further spell in the top flight in the 2004/5 season, and although the team were relegated that season, they would have learned a lot about the Premiership. These experiences should ensure that Norwich City are prepared for the challenges of the Premier League.

Changes will need to be made, but I’m sure that promotion to the Premier League is crucial for the club to progress. Time will tell if Norwich can maintain their place, but even if they can’t the financial rewards on offer will still be massive and it’s a chance they simply can’t afford to pass up, because who knows when they will get another opportunity.

there is the article for anyone who can''t be bothered to copy and paste the link!

[/quote]

I actually thought you had posted some sense, but then i read the last line!

You really think this is a ''good article''? I found it boring, with a lack of real knowledge of statistics to back up their musings and something that any supporter could have written about any team.

Poor.

[quote user="Pabs"]You really think this is a ''good article''? I found it boring, with a lack of real knowledge of statistics to back up their musings and something that any supporter could have written about any team.

Poor.[/quote]

Well I clearly thought it was good hence the link and the title of the post :-)

Takes all sorts and if you didn''t like it not a problem