Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Yellows strange pattern of form??

I don''t know if anyone has mentioned this or noticed it so I thought I''d flag it up anyway in the name of stats etc..

Watford (H) Loss (A) ?

Doncaster (A) Loss (H) Draw

Hull (H) Loss (A) Draw

Palace (H) Loss (A) Draw

Cardiff (A) Loss (H) Draw

Burnley (H) Draw (A) Loss

Portsmouth (H) Loss (A) ?

To every team we''ve lost we have failed to avenge ourselves in the reverse fixture - well 5 out of 7 so far anyhow. I thought we''d change that yesterday, but unfortunately couldn''t quite manage it in the end. There''s just Watford and Portsmouth left to play.

I know this is/could be a load of old tosh, but I know some of you like to look at these stats and it''s been nagging in my head for a while so I thought I''d check it out by looking at our results and I was right that we hadn''t avenged our losses so far (always like to avenge those defeats! lol)

So assuming we follow this season''s pattern we will draw against Watford and Pompey (as we also haven''t lost twice to anyone this season)

Hopefully we can put this theory in the bin and smash (or just beat) both of them!

Would you take draws away to them if you were offered them right now?

I don''t know if anyone has mentioned this or noticed it so I thought I''d flag it up anyway in the name of stats etc..

Watford (H) Loss (A) ?

Doncaster (A) Loss (H) Draw

Hull (H) Loss (A) Draw

Palace (H) Loss (A) Draw

Cardiff (A) Loss (H) Draw

Burnley (H) Draw (A) Loss

Portsmouth (H) Loss (A) ?

To every team we''ve lost we have failed to avenge ourselves in the reverse fixture - well 5 out of 7 so far anyhow. I thought we''d change that yesterday, but unfortunately couldn''t quite manage it in the end. There''s just Watford and Portsmouth left to play.

I know this is/could be a load of old tosh, but I know some of you like to look at these stats and it''s been nagging in my head for a while so I thought I''d check it out by looking at our results and I was right that we hadn''t avenged our losses so far (always like to avenge those defeats! lol)

So assuming we follow this season''s pattern we will draw against Watford and Pompey (as we also haven''t lost twice to anyone this season)

Hopefully we can put this theory in the bin and smash (or just beat) both of them!

Would you take draws away to them if you were offered them right now?

Sorry to re-post, but the lack of spaces was annoying me and harder to read so I''ve corrected it quickly!

Hmm. It''s a tough one. Cause they are both winnable, and we are so great away from home. However I''d probably take a point @ both. We have home games against Forest, Derby, Scunny and Coventry. Seriously I believe we can win all of these, and would be dissapointed if we didn''t win 3 of those. Therefore 3 wins and 1 draw at home, combined with 2 more draws at Watford and Pompy, would leave us in a great position. Anything at Scum and Swansea would be a bonus. In theory it could work haha. [:P]

Yep, I put that up some while back. Some teams seem to have found our ''weak'' spot'', likewise we''ve hit others the same way.

Try checking my other odd stat/theory that we seem to be picking up four points in blocks of two games.

Not sure if that is connected to the universally known Lambert stat that he has not lost two games in a row, An extraordinary sequence.

[quote user="City1st"] Lambert stat that he has not lost two games in a row, An extraordinary sequence.[/quote]This always annoys me. Yes he has been an amazing manager and I for one love him so much. But he did. Carlisle and Watford, I know both different seasons, but still both league games and we lost both. But yeah, it is a brilliant stat.

[quote user="City1st"]Yep, I put that up some while back. Some teams seem to have found our ''weak'' spot'', likewise we''ve hit others the same way. Try checking my other odd stat/theory that we seem to be picking up four points in blocks of two games. Not sure if that is connected to the universally known Lambert stat that he has not lost two games in a row, An extraordinary sequence.[/quote]

Gotta love those odd stats and patterns 1st. The longer the pattern of not losing 2 games in a row goes on, the more I want it to stay that way! I also hate the idea of losing to anyone twice so hoping to stay with the current pattern of not doing so. Hopefully we can get a run of wins together at this crucial part of the season.. Exciting times and nerve-shredding too

[quote user="Barnett is King"][quote user="City1st"] Lambert stat that he has not lost two games in a row, An extraordinary sequence.[/quote]

This always annoys me. Yes he has been an amazing manager and I for one love him so much. But he did. Carlisle and Watford, I know both different seasons, but still both league games and we lost both. But yeah, it is a brilliant stat.
[/quote]

Ok BIK, but not 2 games in a row in one season!;) Does that make you happier? lol

York C really disturbed that you want PL sequence to end sooner rather than later, hope it never ends

Huh? I don''t want the PL sequence to end at all my friend!

I would like to put the pattern of not avenging our defeats to bed though and win the reverse fixtures instead of drawing them, but that''s because I want us to win every game lol