Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

3 very winable games.....

Before a hard trip to Leicester!

Cant help that think, if we can take 9 points from our next 3 games, we will be 2nd going into the Leicester game.

Tuesday home to Donny

Cardif-Leicester

Coventry-Swansea

Leeds-Barnsley

Forest-Preston

Saturday away to Barnsley

Swansea-Leeds

Hull-Cardiff

Leicester-Coventry

Millwall-Forest

Following Tuesday Forest play their game-in-hand at Middlesborough

The Saturday

City Home to Preston

Leeds-Donny

Forest-Hull

QPR-Leicester

Scunnt-Swansea

Cardiff-Ipswich

Some tricky games for out rivals and games against each other!

I think any away game is tricky in this league. Espically, against low end table sides. Hopefully, are ''easier'' home games on paper will translate into a decent points tally.

I can''t help but think our next 5 games will make or break our season.

We need to get as many points on the board as possible before the crazy April schedule.

First things first lets get three points on Tuesday.  Any result between Cardiff and Leicester is good. Swansea have a tricky game against a Coventry side who play in a way opposite to their own.  I expect Leeds to beat Barnsley but Preston are getting a fighting spirit together and I would expect Forest to have a tough game there. QPR have Ipswich at home and the in-form Town could spring a surprise.

Cardiff 1 point

Leicester 1 point

Swansea 1 point

Leeds 3 points

Forest 1 point

QPR 1 point

Norwich 3 points

On Saturday we have a tough game at Barnsley but we have a decent record against them.  Again, there is a win - win for us between Swansea and Leeds while Cardiff continue their tough run of games at Hull who are one of the form sides and Forest go to Millwall who are always tough at home. I would expect Leicester to beat Coventry. QPR have a tough game at improving Boro and Forest follow and may well drop points too.

Norwich 1 point

Swansea 1 point

Leeds 1 point

Cardiff  0 points

Forest 0 points

Leicester 3 points

QPR 0 points

Tuesday:  Forest 1 point.

On the following Saturday Preston is a real banana skin game for us while Leeds will beat Donny. Forest may drop points against Hull and QPR vs Leicester is another win - win.  Scunny have it in them to hold Swansea and Scum will make it hard for Cardiff.

Norwich: hope for three but anything could happen so lets be optimistic: 3 points   -     7 for the period

Leeds 3 points  -  7 for the period

Forest 1 point - 3 for the period and no more games in hand

QPR 1 point  -  2 for the period

Leicester 1 point  -  5 for the period

Swansea 1 point  -  3 for the period

Cardiff 3 points  -  4 for the period

The upshot of such outcomes would be:

QPR  63

Norwich 62

Leeds  60

Forest/Swansea/Cardiff  59

Leicester 56

So, we could gain nicely over the next three games but it goes to show just how difficult it is going to be for any side to create any gap that allows them to have breathing space.  It is all cup final stuff.

[quote user="Baracouda"]

I can''t help but think our next 5 games will make or break our season.[/quote]If our record from the next 5 is decent, i can assure you that you will be saying the same of the following 5 or so.For as long as we''re in contention for promotion, every game is essentially ''make or break'' for us. Any City fan would be naive to think otherwise.

Every game in this league is winnable or loseable - there really is no such thing as a "shock" result. Just look at our home record, includes a win against the top team, and a defeat to the side with the worst away record in the league. I hope nobody is getting over-confident about the Doncaster game, but it really would look bad if we failed to beat them, after Ipswich hit them for 6 last week.

I hate posts like this when they say 3 very winnable games - if only football was that easy I would win the pools every week - how many times have NC fans entered Carrow Road with the mentality of a very winnable game only to see us struggle to beat the most average of sides and in a lot of cases they beat us.  Yes they may on paper be winnable but putting that into practice for Norwich City can sometimes be a mountain to climb and how anyone can predict points gained from the rest of our games is beyond me.