Sign in to follow this  
Lincoln Yellow

We need a winger

All this talk about strikers is from people that obviously don''t see enough teams in this league.What we need is a quick winger. Goals come from the wing. Holt spends too much time on wing. Winger = Holt in box.Gradel is ripping teams open, including is.Kebe - see Gradel.and so on... It''s not a striker we need, it''s a winger. Not even putting McNamee on the bench is idiotic as well. We were crying out for some speed on the break last night. Anyway, winger or not, In Lambert We Trust. Proper fans don''t boo their team.

Agreed. RM can''t cross for toffee which seems to have been acknowledged with the attempt to get Bennett.

Certainly got plenty of whingers around here.

Nice to have some football related post on here for a change.

Someone with a bit of pace to run at defences or create a bit of counter attack? Why not but we seem to have our chances that we are just not putting away, isn''t that strikers work?

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Certainly got plenty of whingers around here.

Nice to have some football related post on here for a change.

Someone with a bit of pace to run at defences or create a bit of counter attack? Why not but we seem to have our chances that we are just not putting away, isn''t that strikers work?[/quote]The only whinging I''m doing is at some of our pathetic fickle fans. The team deserves non-stop praise and credit this season. The chances don''t seem to always fall to the strikers! Holty did have a chance or 2 last night, but the best ones I remember fell to the midfield. The holt pullback (wingers work) to Crofts was the stand out one!

Just too quick itstheruddyfuture, I was going to say if it was whingers we were wanting we''d have plenty.

As for wingers clearly the lad Bennett is the one we want, its just getting value for money rather than them charging us over the odds.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Just too quick itstheruddyfuture, I was going to say if it was whingers we were wanting we''d have plenty.

As for wingers clearly the lad Bennett is the one we want, its just getting value for money rather than them charging us over the odds.[/quote]

Thank you, maybe lincolnyellow missed the point or decided to take it personally.

I must brush up on my non stop praise.

[quote user="Lincoln Yellow"]All this talk about strikers is from people that obviously don''t see enough teams in this league.What we need is a quick winger. Goals come from the wing. Holt spends too much time on wing. Winger = Holt in box.Gradel is ripping teams open, including is.Kebe - see Gradel.and so on... It''s not a striker we need, it''s a winger. Not even putting McNamee on the bench is idiotic as well. We were crying out for some speed on the break last night. Anyway, winger or not, In Lambert We Trust. Proper fans don''t boo their team.

[/quote]

Where exactly would you fit a winger into the diamond?

Surley we need 2 wingers and a change of formation