Sign in to follow this  
Oxford Canary

Alternative to Bennett?

Firstly, I don''t remember celebrating a goal like that for a long time.(probably McDonald away to Walsall last season) At this stage of the season it is about winning and winning ugly is finw by me.

I thought James Henry of Millwall was absolutely outstanding last night (although Tierney can only get better). I would much rather spend £1m on him as our answer on the right side of midfield.

I''d like to have another pop at Bennett in the summer, if we can.

On last nights game, one player stood out to me and that was Millwalls number 4, a central midfielder who looked to have something about him, found out later it was Lansburys Arsenal teammate Craig Eastmond!

Clearly PL does not rate MacNamee, and wants a winger with pace and ability to provide accurate crosses. It seems that PL regards Bennett as someone who can do this.

Bennett is young, and probably has considerable potential. I suspect that before long he will be another big money transfer directly to the Premiership. Poyet and the chairman probably have this hope, - another reason for hanging on to him!