Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

All gone very quiet at the start of a big week

So what are we all expecting from this week. With another crucial 3 points in the bag and on the face of it (even if one is at Selhurst) two very winnable games in the next 10 days we look well placed to push on. With the way QPR and Cardiff have strengthened can''t help think Lambert will be looking to bring in one more high calibre signing this week.

I presume he''s still after Bennett who i really like the look of as a player. Also feel though that with all the teams at the top leaking goals but scoring plenty this season''s run in could all come down to firepower and on that score we could maybe do with a bit more. So for me its either Bennett or a goalscorer in this week to play alongside Holt. With that and Surman coming back (like a new signing for the thrid time!) we will be in pretty good shape!

I doubt much will happen. Someone said some money could be put in, I reckon if we win this weekend they may decide to go and get a striker in the last few days of the window. I doubt they want to put money in if they think the current squad is good enough or we can''t do it.

[quote user="zak123"]I doubt much will happen. Someone said some money could be put in, I reckon if we win this weekend they may decide to go and get a striker in the last few days of the window. I doubt they want to put money in if they think the current squad is good enough or we can''t do it.[/quote]

We play on the 29th and I think the window closes on the 31st.That''ll be cutting it fine......

I still think Bennett is a smokescreen for a striker. Our midfield is too packed and of a very high level. Unless we''re getting rid of MacNamee the other way (which I''d be more than ok with) I don''t think we''d need another midfielder.But who knows. Having seen someone''s example of a 5 man midfield in another thread we''d only be playing one up top with Holt so maybe we don''t need another striker either? Haha.Who knows. I''m honestly really pleased with the squad as it is, we''re playing brilliantly and it would take a massive dip in form to derail us at the moment. Who says any other players could prevent us from this dip in form if it''s to happen?

I have my doubts about Bennett signing. Brighton are strong promotion candidates, and he is a keen player.

Would they accept even say £1.2m if we offered it, if this would risk their promotion? After all, as McNally said, it''s more lucrative in a higher division for us and for Brighton.

I feel that we have risked little this window - Barnett was already with us, Wilbraham cost so little and Tierney is a replacement for Smith.

I hope that we do venture a little. We win currently by playing out of our skins, and with other possible injuries to come can we maintain this?

If Bennett doesn''t come, I hope that we shall acquire a striker, because our strikers are struggling to score at the moment and we can''t rely on defenders and midfielders to keep on scoring, - their tasks are elsewhere.

Our rivals have mostly added quality to their squads, and so far we have not.

[quote user="Salopian"]I have my doubts about Bennett signing. Brighton are strong promotion candidates, and he is a keen player. Would they accept even say £1.2m if we offered it, if this would risk their promotion? After all, as McNally said, it''s more lucrative in a higher division for us and for Brighton. I feel that we have risked little this window - Barnett was already with us, Wilbraham cost so little and Tierney is a replacement for Smith. I hope that we do venture a little. We win currently by playing out of our skins, and with other possible injuries to come can we maintain this? If Bennett doesn''t come, I hope that we shall acquire a striker, because our strikers are struggling to score at the moment and we can''t rely on defenders and midfielders to keep on scoring, - their tasks are elsewhere. Our rivals have mostly added quality to their squads, and so far we have not.[/quote]

agree, like you say although its good everyone is chipping in with goals, we can''t rely on this, and the people who are upfront and are meant to score and really doing this as often as they should be, bar Holt