Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Is Bellamy such an unrealistic dream?

I understand what some our saying about him having a bit of a problem concerning ego. However, you have to remember the environment he finds himself in. Newcastle are obviously a big club full of people who believe they''re better than the club, where as I don''t think we''ve got anyone like that at this club and maybe a few months here would do him good. Bring him back down to earth as well as giving us a proven Premiership goalscorer. When he was here before, he was one of the high points in a era of very low points for the club, it would be nice to bring him back when we are on such a high.

i fear tha worthy wont take the gamble however. at least put a bid in, what have we got to loose? stoke hvae and if he goes there i''ll flip!!!

Dave Angel - Check out Bellamy''s record - he was a pain at Coventry where he made statements that he wouldn''t do this and he wouldn''t do that; he has been a pain at Newcastle over a considerable period of time (Rooney/Souness); he has been convicted due to his behaviour whilst in Cardiff AND when he was at Norwich the other players did not like him because of his attitude.
On top of that he has a history of injury.

If even Bryan Hamilton could keep a lid on him, he can''t be that hard to manage. And Huckerby had a reputation for being disruptive and a bit of a moaner before Worthy took him under his wing.

So the bloke has an attitude problem but he is also one of the most talented strikers in the country (btw Is he a wide midfielder or a striker, shouldnt we play him left wing as his strike rate is no better than Hux???)  His sort of ability is more likely to have a positive impact than signing Le Tallc and Richardson together. 

At least he has the ability to carry off the attitude - we have players in this squad who think they will be ever present (Flem) yet are clearly not up to the task - which attitude is most devisive?

I would love to see us sign him warts and all - at least you know what you get with him - I am sure someone at the club can take the Fleck role in the alleged pin him to the  wall incident.

Unfortunately I think we are very unlikely to see him arrive.

OTBC