Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Are we done?

I took it as 3 after Barnett. He said he had 3 targets to give the current squad a hand, maybe I misunderstood it though, its difficult to translate him at the best of times!

Quote from todays Presser:Lambert still trying to do another transfer

So would appear not.

[quote user="Southern Canary"]Highly likely we will see one more signing, I would like a proven striker but being realistic I think it could be a right sided midfielder or Lansbury for the season[/quote]

I don''t think he would count extending Lansbury''s loan as a ''signing''. I think it will be a fresh face.

As usual PL was being a little enigmatic. What he said was that he had three signings he would like to make and had given the names to the Board.

It could mean anything. I think by that stage we had decided to sign Barnett, but he could still be one of the three.

Wilbraham was meant to be a substitute to Holty, although the new man has never been a prolific striker. He is more of a link man, supplying others from knockdowns and flicks.

PL is no fool. He knows that if Holty misses a game, and Wilbraham replaces him, we shall have no natural person to take advantage, unless Martin can be urged to play off W''s shoulder.

I still think that ideally PL would like a goal converter, whether large or small, but I sense that money is tight and that we may have to go forward with what we have.

Is there any significance from Oli going on a one month loan? Was that period our choice or theirs? If it was our choice, then perhaps PL would like Oli to return with goal sharpness, and give us another possibility.

As I have said on two other threads I don''t beleive Barnett and Lansbury can be counted in the three, and now it seems Tierney doesn''t count either as Smith is on his way.  I hope there are two to come, especially as Oli out on loan as well, although of course he could come back as good as a new player if he gets some goals and confidence at the Glovers.