Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Festive period and January predictions

A vey important period ahead for us. The Christmas period is always decisive as there is so many games in a short space of time and obviously with the league being so tight any teams season could totally change during these fixtures.

Palace (A) win

Sheffield United (H) win

QPR (H) draw

Boro (A) win

Leyton Orient (H) win

Cardiff (H) loss

Sheffield United (A) win

I think they''re realistic predictions. I can see a defeat against one of QPR or Cardiff because both teams are full of quality and we also aren''t in the best of form at home. However, the away fixtures are all against teams below 20th so of course are very winnable. That would give us 13 points out of 18 and a passage to the fourth round of the FA Cupwhich I would be very happy with.

Isn''t it nice being able to go away to teams expecting a victory!

Thoughts and predictions?

Very decisive time of the year yes, but also very unpredictable. We never seem to win at Palace or on Boxing Day, but under Lambert these things don''t seem to matter. There''ll be some odd results I''m sure - Sheff U likely to have a new manager by next week, Boro are inconsistent under Mowbray, QPR & Cardiff seem to be dropping points. If we''re still in the mix come mid-January it''ll be time to "go for it".

Palace (A) Win
Sheffield United (H) Win
QPR (H) Draw
Boro (A) Win
Leyton Orient (H) Win
Cardiff (H) Draw
Sheffield United (A) Win

possibly a bit optimistic...

Palace (A) Lose - always lose there.

Sheff United (H) Win - their team will be trying to impress the new manager so it will be tough but I think we can win it.

QPR (H) Draw - tough game but I reckon we can get a point

Boro (A) Win - with this new confidence of going away and expecting to win I reckon we can do them on their own patch

Orient (H) Win - no need to explain this one

Cardiff (H) Lose - our home form isn''t that great so I can see them coming away from Carrow Road with a win

Sheff United (A) Win - (see Boro)

Thats 10 points and an FA Cup third round win.  Not great I suppose but I''m sure we will do better.  My glass is half empty[:P]

This season, the games we should struggle in have been won, and the games we should stroll we''ve lost. So I''m thinking what it might be, then reversing it and going to put a tenner on at the bookies.....