Sign in to follow this  
Year of the tiger

Appeals in the Championship

Just wondering how fair it is that 22 clubs in the Championship appeal to the FA whilst Cardiff & Swansea appeal to the Welsh FA. Two weeks ago Jay Bothroyd should have been banned for his tackle on a Leeds player but was cleared by the Welsh FA (same lot that overturned a ban to allow a Cardiff player to play in the FA Cup Final) We now appeal to the FA and whilst I''m hopeful , I''m by no means convinced it will be overturned.Just imagine a play off semi first leg between City & Swansea where two players are sent off. Does anyone thinlk it fair that they would be dealt with by different bodies

A very good point, and no, its not fair.Some people even consider that they shouldn''t even be in our league.....

This came up a few weeks back when Bothroyd made that tackle, and as I said then, it''s like Cardiff and Swansea are having their cake and eating it.If they want to play in the English league system, then they should be governed by the English FA- after all, they even play in the English FA Cup.By being in the English system and being giverned by the Welsh FA, they will always get preferential treatment in cases such as this.It is quite surprising really that this is allowed to happen.

They are not competing in the Welsh League, so should be nothing to do with the Welsh FA... of course the Welsh FA are going to overturn bans for them, they want their teams to do well in the English league...

If Rangers and Celtic ever get into the English league, same should apply to them (and if Cardiff/Swansea are allowed in, why aren''t Celtic/Rangers? I know Scotland have a few ''better'' teams, while the rest of Wales have about two teams, that may make the conference south/north :P)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]They are not competing in the Welsh League, so should be nothing to do with the Welsh FA... of course the Welsh FA are going to overturn bans for them, they want their teams to do well in the English league... If Rangers and Celtic ever get into the English league, same should apply to them (and if Cardiff/Swansea are allowed in, why aren''t Celtic/Rangers? I know Scotland have a few ''better'' teams, while the rest of Wales have about two teams, that may make the conference south/north :P)[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. good point.