Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Lambo - you anus!

Roeder didn''t get a lot right as City manager but he was correct in saying 2 out & out widemen in a 4-4-2 generally doesn''t work, particularly away from home.If City are to play a 4-4-2 system successfully, Hoolahan or Chrissy Martin have to drop out of the side for McNamee to come in outwide, with one of them playing alongside Holt and Smith/Lappin/Surman playing on the opposite flank to McNamee. We then have the outlet outwide with McNamee but the solid base in midfield.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Roeder didn''t get a lot right as City manager but he was correct in saying 2 out & out widemen in a 4-4-2 generally doesn''t work, particularly away from home.If City are to play a 4-4-2 system successfully, Hoolahan or Chrissy Martin have to drop out of the side for McNamee to come in outwide, with one of them playing alongside Holt and Smith/Lappin/Surman playing on the opposite flank to McNamee. We then have the outlet outwide with McNamee but the solid base in midfield.

[/quote]Haven''t you been listening for the last year? An out and out 4-4-2 with 2 pacey wide men will work. Don''t question how. It needs to be completely symmetrical, with pace on either flank, and it''ll provide goals while leaving the 2 central midfielders, and back 4, exposed. I mean, to defend. Ignoring the fact that almost every manager who successfully plays a 4-4-2 plays with one fast wing and one solid. That doesn''t matter. Pace on both flanks is all that''ll stop us getting relegated under this diamond.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][Haven''t you been listening for the last year? An out and out 4-4-2 with 2 pacey wide men will work. Don''t question how. It needs to be completely symmetrical, with pace on either flank, and it''ll provide goals while leaving the 2 central midfielders, and back 4, exposed. I mean, to defend. Ignoring the fact that almost every manager who successfully plays a 4-4-2 plays with one fast wing and one solid. That doesn''t matter. Pace on both flanks is all that''ll stop us getting relegated under this diamond. [/quote]I think we need to get all of these Premiership managers who often switch to a 4-3-3 system in touch with shyster, they''re clearly playing too many in midfield. Sir Alex is clearly a fool, why isn''t he playing Valencia & Nani together in a 4-4-2 week-in-week-out, why does he switch to a 4-3-3 in games where they''re not far superior man for man?Benitez & Hodgson are clearly idiots also, picking Dirk Kuyt on the right when they should be picking proper wingers.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="thirdlion v2"][Haven''t you been listening for the last year? An out and out 4-4-2 with 2 pacey wide men will work. Don''t question how. It needs to be completely symmetrical, with pace on either flank, and it''ll provide goals while leaving the 2 central midfielders, and back 4, exposed. I mean, to defend. Ignoring the fact that almost every manager who successfully plays a 4-4-2 plays with one fast wing and one solid. That doesn''t matter. Pace on both flanks is all that''ll stop us getting relegated under this diamond. [/quote]I think we need to get all of these Premiership managers who often switch to a 4-3-3 system in touch with shyster, they''re clearly playing too many in midfield. Sir Alex is clearly a fool, why isn''t he playing Valencia & Nani together in a 4-4-2 week-in-week-out, why does he switch to a 4-3-3 in games where they''re not far superior man for man?Benitez & Hodgson are clearly idiots also, picking Dirk Kuyt on the right when they should be picking proper wingers.[/quote]

Give it up you boring fart from Nottinghamshire - Watford started against Millwall with a 4-4-2  and Cowie does a bloody good impression of a winger - Why? Because he''s played in that particular position for most of his career thus far.Tw@t.Come back and argue the toss with me once you''ve developed at least half a footballing brain.

[quote user="Shyster"]Give it up you boring fart from Nottinghamshire - Watford started against Millwall with a 4-4-2  and Cowie does a bloody good impression of a winger - Why? Because he''s played in that particular position for most of his career thus far.Tw@t.Come back and argue the toss with me once you''ve developed at least half a footballing brain.[/quote]1. I''m not from Nottinghamshire, I live there.2. Cowie plays outwide, but he''s not the flying pacy winger you seem obsessed with, he wouldn''t fit into the system you desire as he doesn''t hug the touch line and have blinding pace.Lappin has played outwide most of his career thus far but you don''t want him outwide in a 4-4-2.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Shyster"]Give it up you boring fart from Nottinghamshire - Watford started against Millwall with a 4-4-2  and Cowie does a bloody good impression of a winger - Why? Because he''s played in that particular position for most of his career thus far.Tw@t.Come back and argue the toss with me once you''ve developed at least half a footballing brain.[/quote]1. I''m not from Nottinghamshire, I live there.2. Cowie plays outwide, but he''s not the flying pacy winger you seem obsessed with, he wouldn''t fit into the system you desire as he doesn''t hug the touch line and have blinding pace.Lappin has played outwide most of his career thus far but you don''t want him outwide in a 4-4-2.[/quote]

Lappin is not as gifted as Cowie both mentally or physically.I personally would have neither player in my first eleven.

You said you were going to watch Watford destroy Millwall with 2 wingers. However they weren''t the 2 out & out wingers with pace who attack full backs whilst hugging the touchline  you''ve said on numerous occassions City need and must have. Don Cowie works incredibly hard, doing a very good job on the right but there is no way he is the out-and-out pacy winger you seem to think City need opposite McNamee.Personally I think he''s exactly the sort of player we need outwide if we''re to use McNamee on the other flank.

yawnnnnnnnnnnn boring, diamond works, forth in the table proves that, watched every game, when we tried to play 442 at doncaster it did not work at all, as every start mcnamee has had he was sh*T and after 20-25 mins of that game what did we do, oh we went back to the diamond and really kicked on from there, espcially second half.... i am sure half of you on here dont go to the games as you wouldn''t come out with this utter crap!! Mcnamee is a impact player from the bench when the defense is tiring end of

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="king canary"]The point about needing more pace is reasonable- however if we start our first choice 11 there is Jackson and McNamee to come off the bench. However our resident tactical genius seems to be stuck back in the 1970''s- all the suggestions seem to be 4-4-2 with pace down the flanks.[/quote]

Right - you agree that my argument about needing more pace in the squad is a reasonable one - so where on the field do you suggest we need that speed?Do you think we should sign a pacy goalkeeper? [:P][/quote]Well pace obviously belongs out wide but not in a basic 4-4-2. A 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1/4-3-3 can both accomodate pace down both flanks without allowing the middle of the park to be overrun. Now a couple of questions for you- in your 4-4-2, what do we do with Hoolahan and who plays in the middle?

[quote user="barclaybabe"]oh be quiet and stop moaning, we played well both halves and got the three points. be happy with whats happening.[/quote][D] The voice of reason.