Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

Surely Now...

Surely now Mr Worthington will stop trying to make excuses for the team and actually admit that they are, in their current form, not good enough.

He is the manager and it is surely part of his remit to persuade the rest of the management of the club that the team are not up to scratch - January will be the make or break month for him - if he fails to secure any decent additions to the squad he will be waving bye bye to Carrow Road for good - sentimentality can only last for so long...

I knew that the Premiership wasn''t going to be the breeze that some other posters thought it would, but I have to admit that I did think that we would have had a few more points and would at the very least be making a fight of things.   At the moment we appear to be doing nothing more than going through the motions and then blaming the rest of the Premiership for being better than us...

Thankyou and goodnight

Does it really matter who we buy (if in fact we do) in January as those that Mr W signed in the close season are not even good enough to get into the team at the moment.

If we buy a new striker and then give him the service the present strikers are getting he won''t score many.

We need new coaching staff with new ideas, we need a new fitness coach that can prepare the team for a full ninety minutes +  of football rather than a spasmodic forty five minutes interspersed into a full game.

I believe that the players we have are good enough to keep us in the premiership (and what ever division we are in next season I will still be there) but I dont think the coaching staff are good enough. Livermore been to Liverpool and Spurs and somewhere in Wales achievments ?, Foley came straight from Colchester, achievments ? Webb reserve team coach I dont know whether to laugh or cry when I listen to him - experience played for the youth team for a while achievments.

Lets have some coaches in with experience of the Premiership and new ideas if this is not possible then promote David Williams to first team coach. 

I tend to agree on some of these last points - However I WOULD NOT remove Worthy - he is the right man for the job and we need stability - however I would take a close look at Foley and Livermore - we need a 1st team coach with good tactical ability and motivational skills - I am sure tthere are some good coaches out there ready to take on the challenge of the premiership. Alot of these smaller teams like Portsmouth etc have got very experienced coaches.

I don''t know what the answer is. Something is terribly wrong. Is it management, coaching or the players? In my opinion those players get paid mega ££££s to play and they are not earning it. 3-4 strikers who haven''t scored goals but still getting their full pay. I am sure if I didn''t perform at work, something would be done.

Going off topic a bit but I would like to see (not just NCFC but every team) get a basic wage with incentive bonuses should they perform well.

Just a thought!!

OTBC

Unfortunatley it is not all Worthys fault. The players themselves must have a good long hard look at themselves for they are the £10000+ a week that we all pay our hard earnt money on. They are the ones who are ment to perform on the pitch.

Its hardly rocket science to be a footballer,if you got the ball you have the choice of running with it,passing it or heaven forbid shooting if you have the chance. The majority of these players have been playing 20 years or more,so surely they should know what to do with the ball by now,its so frigin simple!

[quote]Surely now Mr Worthington will stop trying to make excuses for the team and actually admit that they are, in their current form, not good enough. He is the manager and it is surely part of his remi...[/quote]

Plastic Scouser: I don''t need my crystal balls to tell you that our board is no different to any other board - they will blame anyone else but themselves.

Nigel will be made the scapegoat for their prudence. early next year, if things don''t improve soon!.

Quote : Unfortunatley it is not all Worthys fault. The players themselves must have a good long hard look at themselves for they are the £10000+ a week that we all pay our hard earnt money on. They are the ones who are ment to perform on the pitch.

Just what I said at the beginning of this thread. They should get paid by performance. The Club could have saved a bit on wages this season.........!!