Sign in to follow this  
Big Slob

Stephen Fry (press conference 5.30pm)

I have this phrase I use BBB."If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then, chances are, its a duck."Work the rest out yourself.[:)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]So glad I went to bed and missed that little slice of crap you served up Bly, do you take a lot of drugs? Because your posts rarely make any sense, or bear a lot of relevance to the actual subject in hand.

[:)]
[/quote]

You really do need to get out into the world a bit more - and stop jumping on bandwagons about which you''re clueless as well.

Are you a retired hooligan?

OTBC

[/quote]

I haven''t jumped on any bandwagon, I have decided all by myself that you are a bit of an idiot.

I don''t follow trends mate, I start them.

[/quote]

Bandwagon? Well, I suppose that stands to reason you deciding on your own likkle ownsome. My mistake maybe.

Trends? Blowing your own trumpet is never a good recommendation in thinking society, mate.

Are you a retired hooligan? Or are you not answering that question?

OTBC

[/quote]

I will answer on Morty''s behalf BBB.No he is not a retired hooligan.He is retired from the armed services having served in what i would describe as a very hot climate until quite recently.If you wish to make light of that and poke fun then carry on numpty.

[/quote]

So there are no retired hooligans in the armed services or police forces? Pull my other leg.

And its ok for a member of the armed forces to suggest that I take drugs or for a former policeman to suggest that I am a numpty on nil grounds. Hmmm.

I await the wrath of the inner circle.

OTBC

[/quote]

I based calling you a numpty on reading alot of your posts and your latest effort just confirmed my thoughts.[:P]

[quote user="Davo"]Cluck, I was under the impression that Barclay''s were putting Chase under pressure to pay off debts. Didn''t they recall the overdraft facility which meant we had to have a fire sale? [/quote]

we sold Ward (£1m) and Newsome (£1.5m) in a rush......obviously to keep the bank happy.

[quote user="morty"]I have this phrase I use BBB.

"If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then, chances are, its a duck."

Work the rest out yourself.

[/quote]

Next thing Morty the Trendsetter will be telling us that he invented that phrase all by himself ...........

daffy duck ducks cartoon cartoons television

Any way on to the Swansea match.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]I have this phrase I use BBB."If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then, chances are, its a duck."Work the rest out yourself.[:)][/quote]

Next thing Morty the Trendsetter will be telling us that he invented that phrase all by himself ...........

OTBC

[/quote]Reading Mort''s nonsense is like watching a car crash. You want to avert your eyes but somehow you can''t bring yourself to do so....Plus it''s curious to watch how he endlessly climbs out of the wreckage seemingly unscathed.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]I have this phrase I use BBB."If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then, chances are, its a duck."Work the rest out yourself.[:)][/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]Reading Mort''s nonsense is like watching a car crash. You want to avert your eyes but somehow you can''t bring yourself to do so....Plus it''s curious to watch how he endlessly climbs out of the wreckage seemingly unscathed.[/quote]Hehehe.Off to the match today Cluckster, Your club needs you.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Reading Mort''s nonsense is like watching a car crash. You want to avert your eyes but somehow you can''t bring yourself to do so....Plus it''s curious to watch how he endlessly climbs out of the wreckage seemingly unscathed.[/quote]Hehehe.Off to the match today Cluckster, Your club needs you.[;)][/quote]Nope... and I won''t be doing so until the cook has gone. NCFC doesn''t belong to Norwich or Norfolk right now..... it all belongs to Delia Smith. Keep her fading star in the media if you wish.......I''ll be back in my own time.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Reading Mort''s nonsense is like watching a car crash. You want to avert your eyes but somehow you can''t bring yourself to do so....Plus it''s curious to watch how he endlessly climbs out of the wreckage seemingly unscathed.[/quote]Hehehe.Off to the match today Cluckster, Your club needs you.[;)][/quote]Nope... and I won''t be doing so until the cook has gone. NCFC doesn''t belong to Norwich or Norfolk right now..... it all belongs to Delia Smith. Keep her fading star in the media if you wish.......I''ll be back in my own time.[/quote]Oh right, so you''re saying you''re a bit of a fairweather fan then......

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Reading Mort''s nonsense is like watching a car crash. You want to avert your eyes but somehow you can''t bring yourself to do so....Plus it''s curious to watch how he endlessly climbs out of the wreckage seemingly unscathed.[/quote]Hehehe.Off to the match today Cluckster, Your club needs you.[;)][/quote]Nope... and I won''t be doing so until the cook has gone. NCFC doesn''t belong to Norwich or Norfolk right now..... it all belongs to Delia Smith. Keep her fading star in the media if you wish.......I''ll be back in my own time.[/quote]Oh right, so you''re saying you''re a bit of a fairweather fan then......[/quote]Put your feckin dog back on. I think I''d rather smell sh1t than have to read it........

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Reading Mort''s nonsense is like watching a car crash. You want to avert your eyes but somehow you can''t bring yourself to do so....Plus it''s curious to watch how he endlessly climbs out of the wreckage seemingly unscathed.[/quote]Hehehe.Off to the match today Cluckster, Your club needs you.[;)][/quote]Nope... and I won''t be doing so until the cook has gone. NCFC doesn''t belong to Norwich or Norfolk right now..... it all belongs to Delia Smith. Keep her fading star in the media if you wish.......I''ll be back in my own time.[/quote]Looks like you''ll be gone a while then...

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Reading Mort''s nonsense is like watching a car crash. You want to avert your eyes but somehow you can''t bring yourself to do so....Plus it''s curious to watch how he endlessly climbs out of the wreckage seemingly unscathed.[/quote]Hehehe.Off to the match today Cluckster, Your club needs you.[;)][/quote]Nope... and I won''t be doing so until the cook has gone. NCFC doesn''t belong to Norwich or Norfolk right now..... it all belongs to Delia Smith. Keep her fading star in the media if you wish.......I''ll be back in my own time.[/quote]Looks like you''ll be gone a while then...[/quote]As long as it takes....

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Cluck"]

Yes indeed Tangers.......

The door swung open perfectly for the re-born ''saviour''.... and like sheep her gullible followers have all but forgotten the terrible damage done during her tenure.... all on the back of a season in Division Three.[/quote]

1...I assume by "her gullible followers" you mean the supporters who turn up to support their team on a Saturday?
I''d imagine that most of them, like myself have no particular love for the majority shareholders. Most of their failings are through incompetence rather than actively seeking to fleece the club. If that was their aim, they''d be long gone by now. Things seem to be moving in the right direction, time will tell.
What are we supposed to do? Not turn up and let the Barclay be taken over by the occasionally politely clapping drones that have infested the rest of the ground?

That''s a whole new thread though, the reason the ground is so quiet on 3 sides now is because the working class, particularly young men have been priced out of football. I remember when the river end made noise! A generation has already been lost, with another well on the way.

[quote user="Cluck"]
The answer? Bring on board another luvvie to boost her ''popularity'' in media circles. You couldn''t make it up.
[/quote]

1.....Assuming your deliberately belligerent assumption is correct, how does that impact on the fortunes of NCFC in any way?

2...The way I see it we''ve got an addition to the board who is very much a Norfolk man, if not Norfolk born. From what little I know of him outside his media persona, he appears to be a decent bloke with a very British sense of fair play.
Put bluntly, he ain''t about to be any part of anything that shafts the supporters. In my opinion [;)]

[/quote]

This actually my point.  Stephen Fry will not help the image or progress of NCFC in any way.... but it will help luvvie-fy Delia Smith''s personal club ambitions yet further. This may please those who buy into this whole celebrity obsession... but I have supported NCFC since 1962 for the football, not it''s media image. Serious business investors won''t touch this set up with a barge pole as long as this wetness prevails.

True that he is a Norfolk man and I have nothing whatsoever against him.... but we get back to celebrity ''sentiment'' here once again. As a traditional supporter I basically don''t want to know what goes on within the club and it''s boardroom or hear glib media soundbites from a grey suit . My interest relates solely to what happens on the pitch and the quality (not necessarily the success) of the football played. Apart from the odd deliberately provocative comment I couldn''t at this time be more happy with our manager or the players he has brought in.

Of course Smith isn''t deliberately fleecing the club... but neither is she doing it any good. Her tenure has been a disaster and yet on the back of one successful season in Division Three all seems to be forgiven. She continues to milk the brand she has cynically created at the expense of it''s local roots.

As for ''boycotting games''... it''s too late now as the luvvie-fication of NCFC is endemic... it''s character totally changed. I still maintain that the 16000 vociferous supporters of the pre-Smith days made more noise than the full houses we have now... and kept the likes of South and Chase on their toes. Smith has had a free hand basking in her media driven ''saviour'' role which would never have happened before. No-one dare protest for fear of upsetting the woman who so selflessly saved our club from apparent oblivion.....

By ''gullible followers'' I refer to the ''new breed'' of supporter who have no knowledge or affection for the original ethos of NCFC..... which is it''s connection with Norwich the City and the wider County. Personally I would rather have a basic old ground and a team of triers than a fancy dan stadium/kitchen complex filled with a bunch of luvvies. Of course the greater proportion of support remains ''local''.... but I would say their edge has been blunted by those very polite ''spectators'' you mentioned.... and as we all know cold water is far more dominant than hot.

I may be an old fart in your eyes... but ''new'' isn''t always ''best'' and at least I have lived through both to be able to form an opinion.

[/quote]

Interesting post