Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Its Official, Russell IS now the enemy!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]

Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?

Somehow I already know what your (entirely theoretical) answer is.
[/quote]

Sorry morty you are soooooooooo wrong! Some players realise that as long as they are paid well.loyalty counts!

Look at HUCKS for us..Look at gerrad with liverpool...In le tessier`s autobiog,couldve joined chelsea and spurs with twice waht he was on at southamton,but southamton gave him his break,stuck by him,and as he says,"you cant buy loyalty" ...Im sure there are others a well! ..There are player mercenaries of course there are,and most of these are captilists....But there are also folk out there who,are far from the breadline,who do put other prioties ,like loyalty and happiness,first!

On a personal level,nothing to do with the above or loyalty... If you worked for a company,and was earning a more than healthy wage,and then discovered on the floor(factory),there were employees earning half as much as you..You then learn that 2 of them will have to be made redundant due to cutbacks..You then learn that after you annual assessment,you will be moving up a grade,from C to B,which entails,a 20% increase in your wage among other perks..If you had the chance,would you decline the offer as long as you get a proviso that the money saved,would also save the jobs in dispatch.....Would you Decline or Accept the grade?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

Re: Its Official, Wizard now needs an enema!

....It''s the only way to stop him postin'' poop!

[/quote]

He''s got to keep posting, Nana is coming up on the rails and could soon have that top spot off Wiz !!!

[/quote]Actually my mate WAY has top spot by a thousand post, not that she counts them.[/quote]

I do indeed mate, and I don''t count them because it''s stupid to do so.  There are two of us using one account though [;)]

[/quote]

You and Nana? [:P]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?Somehow I already know what your (entirely theoretical) answer is.[/quote]

Sorry morty you are soooooooooo wrong! Some players realise that as long as they are paid well.loyalty counts!

Look at HUCKS for us..Look at gerrad with liverpool...In le tessier`s autobiog,couldve joined chelsea and spurs with twice waht he was on at southamton,but southamton gave him his break,stuck by him,and as he says,"you cant buy loyalty" ...Im sure there are others a well! ..There are player mercenaries of course there are,and most of these are captilists....But there are also folk out there who,are far from the breadline,who do put other prioties ,like loyalty and happiness,first!

On a personal level,nothing to do with the above or loyalty... If you worked for a company,and was earning a more than healthy wage,and then discovered on the floor(factory),there were employees earning half as much as you..You then learn that 2 of them will have to be made redundant due to cutbacks..You then learn that after you annual assessment,you will be moving up a grade,from C to B,which entails,a 20% increase in your wage among other perks..If you had the chance,would you decline the offer as long as you get a proviso that the money saved,would also save the jobs in dispatch.....Would you Decline or Accept the grade?

[/quote]Well that is clearly not the case with Darel, so how does that make me wrong exactly?

So he wasnt paid well?  He like matt,and gerrade,was there from a early age,and given his chance..so some people will turn down the greener grass,through loyalty or whatever reason HUCKS had..Unlike what you said(bad grammer).."I know the answer" ..So you were wrong my friend

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?Somehow I already know what your (entirely theoretical) answer is.[/quote]

[/quote]But Darel Russell didn''t realise that or he wouldn''t have let his contract run out, seen what he could get elsewhere, then come back to Norwich when he found there were no takers.  In fact, if loyalty counted for Russell then he wouldn''t have left the first time, never mind twice.

So he wasnt paid well?  He like matt,and gerrade,was there from a early age,and given his chance..so some people will turn down the greener grass,through loyalty or whatever reason HUCKS had..Unlike what you said(bad grammer).."I know the answer" ..So you were wrong my friend

[/quote]So then, why did he turn down our contract? The answer is that he didn''t care about loyalty, and that money mattered more to him.I''m not wrong in any way.

I agree,he is in it for the money..My point is,some put loyalty up there,as long as they are paid well//even though they could get more wonga else where...Another reason i love HUCKS..

[quote user="Barclaybred"]I agree,he is in it for the money..My point is,some put loyalty up there,as long as they are paid well//even though they could get more wonga else where...Another reason i love HUCKS..[/quote]And Darel isn''t one of said loyal players.Which is exactly why I am not wrong lol.Just as well this isn''t really hard work.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

So then, why did he turn down our contract? The answer is that he didn''t care about loyalty, and that money mattered more to him.

I''m not wrong in any way.
[/quote]

But you said "if you were offered more money....dont answer that as i know the answer"

I was saying that ist always the answer as HUCKS/Gerrad and le tiss all prove,amongst others...Russel isnt a loyalty man,never was

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]So then, why did he turn down our contract? The answer is that he didn''t care about loyalty, and that money mattered more to him.I''m not wrong in any way.[/quote]

But you said "if you were offered more money....dont answer that as i know the answer"

I was saying that ist always the answer as HUCKS/Gerrad and le tiss all prove,amongst others...Russel isnt a loyalty man,never was

[/quote]Why do you keep mentioning other players, other than the actual one we are discussing? And the reason I said that, is that I would fully expect the person I made such a statement to, to take whichever outcome best illustrated the point they were trying to make. ie, they would say they would choose to be loyal over having more money in their pocket.Which, in most cases, would be actually utter bollocks.

I used other players as an illustration for my point,that some folk in whatever industry,would turn down a new opportunity at another club etc for loyalty reasons..As long as they are financially secure obviously..So leveling that question and answering it yourself,implying they would go elsewhere,was wrong as illustrated by the players i mentioned...

[quote user="Mister Chops"]So in summary:

1. Some football players value loyalty over income.
2. Darel Russell is not one of these players.

[/quote]Excactly ...Sometimes it could even hamper their international career,as if le tiss had gone to the more fashionable club,spurs,he may well have got a lot more caps..Though on the other hand,he may not habe stood out so much..

I used other players as an illustration for my point,that some folk in whatever industry,would turn down a new opportunity at another club etc for loyalty reasons..As long as they are financially secure obviously..So leveling that question and answering it yourself,implying they would go elsewhere,was wrong as illustrated by the players i mentioned...

[/quote]But not Darel Russell, who, is of course, the player we are discussing.[:|]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

But not Darel Russell, who, is of course, the player we are discussing.

[:|]
[/quote]my beef wasnt with that !(insert weird look smiley)

My beef was the accusation that you already knew the answer to a question you raised about what they would do!

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]But not Darel Russell, who, is of course, the player we are discussing.[:|][/quote]my beef wasnt with that !(insert weird look smiley)

My beef was the accusation that you already knew the answer to a question you raised about what they would do!

[/quote]I suggest you read back, I didn''t even pose the question to you, and I think you have entirely misinterpreted the point I was making, then added other things to the debate to try and make some sort of point of your own.Why do you feel the need to take this on, when it wasn''t even directed at you?[:|]

You can''t blame Russell for choosing financial security over loyalty to Norwich at this stage of his career. In any case loyalty is a two way thing. Clubs are quick to dispose of players when they are no longer required so you can''t blame players for showing the same lack of loyalty to clubs. Gunn''s refusal to sell Russell, despite significant pressure from several quarters, was impressive and Russell played a vital role for the team despite initial problems with Lambert. The Pink Un today refers to Lambert''s refusal to sell Russell in January despite offers being received and I find that very strange and IMO pretty stuipid bearing in mind that Lambert had months to identify and bring in a replacement for Russell which would have enabled the club to sell him in January. Instead, nothing was done and he left on a free at the end of the season.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nevermind"]It''s not like he''s poor, he got paid loads I''m sure at Norwich[/quote]

Lol, so you''d turn down a better paid job, with increased financial security that enables you to provide for your family better, just out of loyalty?

[/quote]

I took your advice,and re read it..I know it wasnt aimed at me,but i took it upon myself to reply to the answer you gave to your own queastion to him

If you feel this was a conversation just between you and `nevermind` then okay maybe i shouldnt have posted...But if you had theoritically put that self answerd question to all the posters,then i wouldve answered the same as i did.....Some would turn it down out of loyalty(as long as they are not on the breadline obviously)....

Gerrade ceratinly has

le tissier certainly did

HUCKS ..may have had other reasons as well(area etc) but still showed loyalty

[/quote]

I took your advice,and re read it..I know it wasnt aimed at me,but i took it upon myself to reply to the answer you gave to your own queastion to him

If you feel this was a conversation just between you and `nevermind` then okay maybe i shouldnt have posted...But if you had theoritically put that self answerd question to all the posters,then i wouldve answered the same as i did.....Some would turn it down out of loyalty(as long as they are not on the breadline obviously)....

Gerrade ceratinly has

le tissier certainly did

[/quote]

Russell is hardly in the same league, money or otherwise, as Gerrard, Le Tissier or Hucks for whom the concept of a breadline is as far removed from reality as a quest for the meaning of life.

[quote user="Bogbrush"]You can''t blame Russell for choosing financial security over loyalty to Norwich at this stage of his career. In any case loyalty is a two way thing. Clubs are quick to dispose of players when they are no longer required so you can''t blame players for showing the same lack of loyalty to clubs. Gunn''s refusal to sell Russell, despite significant pressure from several quarters, was impressive and Russell played a vital role for the team despite initial problems with Lambert. The Pink Un today refers to Lambert''s refusal to sell Russell in January despite offers being received and I find that very strange and IMO pretty stuipid bearing in mind that Lambert had months to identify and bring in a replacement for Russell which would have enabled the club to sell him in January. Instead, nothing was done and he left on a free at the end of the season.[/quote]

One of us lives in a different universe as I do not recognise much of the history you recount.    Gunn dropped Russell and he was not in Gunn''s squad at the beginning of last season.  He was restored by Lambert.

Lambert didn''t sell him in January and Russell was offered a new contract.  How that equates to "nothing was done" is mystifying.  Russell decided not to sign and looked for other offers.    Lambert brought in his men and when Russell decided that the grass was not greener, the contratc offer was withdrawn as Russell was no longer needed.   How you have the story that you have and reach the conclusions that you do is beyond me.

[quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

[/quote]

Gerrade ceratinly has

le tissier certainly did

[/quote] Russell is hardly in the same league, money or otherwise, as Gerrard, Le Tissier or Hucks for whom the concept of a breadline is as far removed from reality as a quest for the meaning of life.[/quote]

It doesnt matter if Russel isnt in the same league! Its relative! And anyway so is russel far from the concept of the breadline! ..The point is,anyone (as long as they are not in a situation where it was imperative for them to earn more wonga),would not automatically go to another club for even more money....

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

Gerrade ceratinly has

le tissier certainly did

[/quote] Russell is hardly in the same league, money or otherwise, as Gerrard, Le Tissier or Hucks for whom the concept of a breadline is as far removed from reality as a quest for the meaning of life.[/quote]

It doesnt matter if Russel isnt in the same league! Its relative! And anyway so is russel far from the concept of the breadline! ..The point is,anyone (as long as they are not in a situation where it was imperative for them to earn more wonga),would not automatically go to another club for even more money....

[/quote]Yes, I think we all agree on that.Darel Russell, specifically, did go looking for more money.Not all players would automatically do that.  He did.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

Gerrade ceratinly has

le tissier certainly did

[/quote]Yes, I think we all agree on that.Darel Russell, specifically, did go looking for more money.Not all players would automatically do that.  He did.[/quote]Please take up the baton here, I am losing the will to live.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

Gerrade ceratinly has

le tissier certainly did

[/quote]Yes, I think we all agree on that.Darel Russell, specifically, did go looking for more money.Not all players would automatically do that.  He did.[/quote]Please take up the baton here, I am losing the will to live.[/quote]In your next interview, mention this as evidence of your patience and diplomacy [:)]Did it go well the other day?

Why don''t we just agree that Russell is an incredibly limited footballer who is not worth as much as he seems to think he is?No side starting with D.Russell in central midfield (where a lot of Champs games are won or lost) will be heading towards promotion.It is not by fluke that sides do better once he leaves.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

Gerrade ceratinly has

le tissier certainly did

[/quote]Yes, I think we all agree on that.Darel Russell, specifically, did go looking for more money.Not all players would automatically do that.  He did.[/quote]Please take up the baton here, I am losing the will to live.[/quote]In your next interview, mention this as evidence of your patience and diplomacy [:)]Did it go well the other day?[/quote]Yes thank you, it did go well.Now its the old "wait a week or two then we''ll let you know" scenario.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Barclaybred"]

Gerrade ceratinly has

le tissier certainly did

[/quote]Yes, I think we all agree on that.Darel Russell, specifically, did go looking for more money.Not all players would automatically do that.  He did.[/quote]

........... and given that he is not in the same league as Gerrard etc, Russell will not have loads of "wonga" so cannot be blamed for hoping for a last big pay day. After all, what''s he going to do when his footballing career is over ? In anycase, not sure why so many of you are p''d off that he''s gone, as most of the posts about him over the last twelve months have been critical. I''ve always rated him and I''m surprised we let him go but given that we clearly did not make enough of an effort to keep him we should have sold him when we had the chance in january.

Now im also losing the will..Its relative! ...a guy down the street loses his job,would love to have the money Russel was on at carrow road! My beef wasnt about that anyway(russel)..ffs! it was the assumption that everyone would take the pretty green,eveb if they DIDNT need it! ..That makes them money ober loyalty! Of fng course security is a prime objective,but if you are financially sound,you could,and SOME do,show loyalty!

On to the 2nd point,russ is replaceable and has been replaced..on the showing so far,poss as good...Hoolie/martin and holt wouldve worried me more if they had gone..