Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

POINTS GUESS FOR THE FIRST SIX GAMES

The typically realistic guess seemed to be 10 to 12 points.

Well, we have 7 with two games to go so there is every chance of meeting most peoples realistic ambitions.

Some of you though will have been pleasantly surprised, particularly after the first game.

For me, really the early games are important for the way the team is playing. If you can get points too then great and it appears to me we will be competitive this season, the team has desire and new players are gelling in well.

The old, two points a game is always a good guide and if we beat Barnsley we will be there.

We have to just endure this bloody international break!!

OTBC!

[quote user="Largey"]Yes, people seem to forget we spent the last season beating teams in League One, not the Championship. And our away form will still be suspect, naturally. From what I remember - and have seen from keeping an interest in the Championship last season - Swansea and doncaster are decent sides, Notts Forest got to the play-offs so are clearly a good side, our Sky form is poor and Watford will give us a strong game, Scunthorpe away will be tough for anyone as it''s a small stadium, small team, and Barnsley have improved since we last played them.[/quote]

Gosh Largey could you pick 43 numbers for the lottery this week and I will do the other six. Hope you are not a betting man.  

[quote user="Lambert is King"]Gosh Largey could you pick 43 numbers for the lottery this week and I will do the other six. Hope you are not a betting man.[/quote][:D]

Get a win at Doncaster and we will have had a pretty amazing start with wriggle room for Preston (which could be a toughie).

Even if we keep the run going with draws we would be nicely set up for the two following home games.

This is a tough league, the games are tight and we need to chisel out results as we did today.

We are no way the finished product yet and the loss of Surman is a blow but, we are getting there! Unlike some sides we haven''t really come up against weak opponents yet.

If we get a draw vs Donnie, i''d have guessed the correct points total! I wouldn''t be too disappointed with a draw there, as they are a very good footballing side, but a win is not out of the question. 11 or 13 points from our opening 6 games is a very good start, plus only 1 league defeat, things are looking rosy atm!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Mister Chops"]10 pointsW3 D1 L2[/quote]This.  I''d be quite content with ten points.[/quote]Done it with one to spare.  Nice work.