Sign in to follow this  
Canary73

Saints fans show their loyalty by snapping up 13,000 tickets at St Marys...

I came across this article that shows the passion of Saints supporters buying a total of 13000 season tickets for their league one campaign.

If you scroll down the article there is a messge board where it seeks to draw comparision with our recent high gates. Rather than stick the old ''there is no one else to support in East Anglia rather than us or the filth at the other end of the A140, I would suggest that we are more loyal and have a club that markets season tickets better. I have nothing against the Saints and think they will do well but their fans can be very fickle.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/8280919.Season_ticket_sales_soar_at_Saints/

end of the day you usually create a good s/t base due to 2 main reasons..

1) succesful team

2) cheap, affordable tickets at a young age

we were lucky that the 2nd option was introduced first just as we were gathering momentum in our play-off year vs birmingham and hence for our size also ticket the 1st option too....I believe our sustainable maximum capacity is around 30k, we wouldn''t fill 40k even in the premier

I would put our sustainable maximum capacity at 35k- you`ve got to bear in mind there have been several games which have sold out easily leaving many people disappointed even in our slide since the Prem.  If you can average 24k+ whilst getting relegated from the Champs/3rd Division i think you can realistically expect to average well over 30k in the Prem (more away supporters and nuetrals turning up for a start).  And if the club are struggling to sell seats for the smaller games they can just do more ticket offers to encourage the next generation of supporters.

[quote user="The Lord"]end of the day you usually create a good s/t base due to 2 main reasons..

1) succesful team

2) cheap, affordable tickets at a young age

we were lucky that the 2nd option was introduced first just as we were gathering momentum in our play-off year vs birmingham and hence for our size also ticket the 1st option too....I believe our sustainable maximum capacity is around 30k, we wouldn''t fill 40k even in the premier[/quote]

I think there was a thrird reason also. Everyone knew that the old South Stand was about to be rebuilt and that there would be a limited capacity.

[quote user="The Lord"]end of the day you usually create a good s/t base due to 2 main reasons.. 1) succesful team 2) cheap, affordable tickets at a young age we were lucky that the 2nd option was introduced first just as we were gathering momentum in our play-off year vs birmingham and hence for our size also ticket the 1st option too....I believe our sustainable maximum capacity is around 30k, we wouldn''t fill 40k even in the premier[/quote]

I think that for most games in the Premier we would fill 40k based upon the increased away allocation as much as anything else. With the extra seats we are now looking at Carrow Road''s capacity at around 27.2k; to get another 13k does not seem unreasonable especially if the pricing was consistent with what we are currently charged. I appreciate that games like Bolton and Wigan would''nt get the pulse going enormously, but most established Prem teams do have a good following in Norfolk.