Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Eats Walkers!

Why City should celebrate winning League 1 just as they did the Championship.

I have heard so many people saying we shouldn''t be celebrating winning League 1 because we shouldn''t have been in this league anyway, fact of the matter is we were relegated to league 1 last year and we have won promotion at the first attempt and will most likely win the league on Saturday. No one seems to have made the point that the players deserve to celebrate this just as much as the players who won Division 1 in 03/04. The players we had then, players like Craig Fleming, Malkay Mackay, Iwan Roberts, Adam Drury, Mark Edworthy, Robert Green, Paul McVeigh, Peter Crouch, Mark Rivers, Phil Mulryne etc will or at the time would have counted it as the highlight of their careers and it is the same for the current players. Players like Micheal Nelson, Micheal Rose, Oli Johnson, Grant Holt, Chris Martin, Korey Smith, Simon Lappin, Stephen Hughes, Cody MacDonald will count this as one of the major achievements of their football careers and is some cases their springboard in to the Championship, and why shouldn''t they celebrate and show off their achievements to the City of Norwich? Just because the club as A whole might, in your opinion, not have deserved to be in league 1, doesn''t mean those players don''t deserve the praise and the chance to celebrate their achievements. Wether the club decides to have a civic reception, open top bus parade or anything else I will be there to celebrate with them, and i''m sure thousands more will be with there with me.

Check out the ''smacks of little old Norwich '' thread mate, it''s all on there ad infinitum!!

I for one will be milking it for all it''s worth. I don''t want to look back on this season''s epic finale and feel bad that I didn''t celebrate so much. Sod it, I''m too happy to care whether I should or shouldn''t celebrate. I''m all for being careful in the Championship and not getting too carried away, but that''s a whole summer away!