Sign in to follow this  
I think Im in love with Grant

Difference in League One and Championship

Firstly; am finally a member! I Have been reading the Pink''Un forums for about 2 years now.. and never once thought of making an account to share my opinion, but for some reason I''ve got my self 10 minutes and thought sod it.

Firstly, I would like to announce my dislike for; smudger. After reading his posts, I can positively say I don''t like this man. I hate you posters that are negative.. stating we wil be relegated next year without fail, that we wont be promoted this season, and that Delia is going to kidnap and burn all of our children. (i''m not happy clapper, i''m a season ticket holder in the lower barclay, and belive me i''d do anything to get that witch out, but regardless I love Lambert, I love Mcnaly so let them do their jobs) I hate the supporters who think they deserve a fucking handout from the Red Cross because they''ve travelled all the way from Norwich to some far distant away team and we''ve lost. Yes, we didn''t perform well, yes we lost, but cheer on your club regardless you made the choice to go. Get Over It. We don''t stand with tissues and spare £20 notes to give to teams that leave carrow road beaten when they were far the superior team!

RIGHT now to my point!

I believe that the top 6 of league one, is in the same league as the bottom 10-12 of the Championship, but I just wanted to see if people agree that the top 10 of the championship s FAR.. FARRRRRRR superior to our current squad. We had players the calibur of Robert Earnshaw, Leory Lita, Dean Ashton, Huckerby and at times still struggled. I think unless we get a cash boost (the newcastle/wba parachute payments?) and sign players.. we could be in for a shock next season and not find our self comfrotably back in the top 10, but struggling in the botom half.. Discuss?

Remember lads, I''m so Positive Norwich its beyond belief, I''ve got 2 Norwich Tattoos and from the age of 14-17 had my room decorated ala norwich, it runs in my blood and would never put my club down (and no, i didnt get my money back from my season ticket at start of seaon :P) I just want people''s opinions on just how much we''re going to have to spend, to suceed next year!

Yooo to all btw :)

Championship Promotion for 10/11 is UP FOR GRABS to every team in the league

Burnley, Hull, Pompey all dropping down.....none of those are any great shakes, hell soon they lose their best players they''ll probably come midtable best

Promoted sides from League one, Norwich, Leeds, One another......now any of those bar swindon/colchester (in around PO''s) could go well next year

teams in PO''s in champs this year, Leicester, Swansea, Cardiff - all good solid sides but nothing special. only Forest (money) should be superior

next year around 20teams in the Championship will genuinley believe they have a realistic shot at reaching the PO''s minimum

I agree with parts of both posts:

Yes, I think the bottom few positions of the Championship and the top few of League 1 are comparible.

Yes, promotion is up for grabs for all teams in the championship - I think it was Mike Walker who said at the start of the season when we finished 3rd: everyone starts on zero points.

Everything else about expectations is down to speculation and that is so often influenced by the current form the team is in, transfers and the general feeling about the club.  I think that the speculation will be that we can make the play offs, purely because we will (hopefully!) go up as Champions from League 1.  But, let''s remember, of our squad, there are a few players out of contract in the summer and a few more that are unproven at Championship level.  Much will depend upon a few signings to freshen and strengthen the squad alongside departures of players who Lambert does not think he will use in the Championship.  This will either encourage or temper our optimism going into the season.  I see next season in the Championship as entering the unknown.

I personally think it will be how we start the season (first 5 games) that will help me gauge my expectation levels.

If we go up which is now perhaps only 90 rather than 99% likely, I have it on good authority that Lambert wants 7-8 players for next season which came as a bit of a surprise to me as I thought we would have 1.5M Max to spend.  I guess that the "deadwood" is on their way out.

You can only be Grant''s wife or mother with that signature but you''re allowed indiscretions on your first post.

I''m guessing you''re young and easily satisfied to be so positive about the parlous state of NCFC but hey-ho that''s what free speech is for.

Finally... an interesting thread, with good discussion points. Like you said, there''s various posters around here that talk so much tripe, Smudger is just one of them... hardly any of it thought-provoking whatsoever. I usually soak up parts of the forum and rarely contribute due to the lack of endeavour.To the actual point. The Championship will be a completely different test and it''s dreadful to think how many awful teams we''ve played this season, with the likes of Oldham, Tranmere, Stockport... even Southampton away were poor. The top six from the Championship are completely different calibre to what we''re like at the moment, there''s no kidding ourselves. Holt struggled for Forest when he went there a few seasons back, Hoolahan won''t have as much space, Russell Martin will be tested more often than not and Korey Smith will get barged off the ball. I''m only ever as positive as our last few performances but I do fancy us at Charlton.