Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

CHICORY TIP - SON OF MY FATHER?

I was listening to the commentary tonight and I could hear the crowd singing...Chicory Tip - Son of my Father...obviously with changed lyrics. Was it us singing it or the Orient fans and if so, what was it about and what were the lyrics.I must say, it cracked me up....the only thing that did make me smile tonight! :-)Cheers anyone in advance.Canary Boy

I think we can rule out "woah, Jamie Jamie"...

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Has anyone got any ideas on this one?[/quote]I was at Orient last night and can''t say I heard it but here''s a bit of background info....The record - that''s a flat plastic disc covered in groves on both sides and a hole in the middle for those on here who haven''t seen one - was released in 1972 and was quickly adapted by the Barclay End with the words , " Oh Jimmy, Jimmy.....Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Bone " ( for those who don''t know he was a very popular striker in our 1971/72 promotion season ).At the time the tune was adopted by most football clubs for their favourite player and is still sung today some 38 years later.....

It was the first one I ever bought, luckily my musical tastes have improved somewhat since the dark ages Smithy.

Remember the Jimmy Bone song too. Happy days.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Canary Boy"]Has anyone got any ideas on this one?
[/quote]

I was at Orient last night and can''t say I heard it but here''s a bit of background info....

The record - that''s a flat plastic disc covered in groves on both sides and a hole in the middle for those on here who haven''t seen one - was released in 1972 and was quickly adapted by the Barclay End with the words , " Oh Jimmy, Jimmy.....Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Bone " ( for those who don''t know he was a very popular striker in our 1971/72 promotion season ).

At the time the tune was adopted by most football clubs for their favourite player and is still sung today some 38 years later.....

[/quote]

The state you were in last night Smithy when Kathy and i saw you there is no surprise you did not hear it.You had been drinking when you were not thirsty and were full up! Definately had rubber legs and liquid hips and most certainly loose fitting teeth.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Canary Boy"]Has anyone got any ideas on this one?[/quote]I was at Orient last night and can''t say I heard it but here''s a bit of background info....The record - that''s a flat plastic disc covered in groves on both sides and a hole in the middle for those on here who haven''t seen one - was released in 1972 and was quickly adapted by the Barclay End with the words , " Oh Jimmy, Jimmy.....Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Bone " ( for those who don''t know he was a very popular striker in our 1971/72 promotion season ).At the time the tune was adopted by most football clubs for their favourite player and is still sung today some 38 years later.....

[/quote]

The state you were in last night Smithy when Kathy and i saw you there is no surprise you did not hear it.You had been drinking when you were not thirsty and were full up! Definately had rubber legs and liquid hips and most certainly loose fitting teeth.

[/quote]And there was I thinking I''d be taking Smudger to the cleaners over his outrageous defamation in the '' Leyton Orient Stadium '' thread.......