Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

Lambert says NO.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Skysports have just said Lambert came out and has said he doesn''t want the Celtic job [:D]
[/quote]

But now you''ve just spoiled everyone''s fun.  HOW COULD YOU!

[/quote]

He''s got money to spend in the summer here (Forster) and an extended 2 year contract, with a £1mil bonus if he gets us in the premier league,

[/quote]

Where are you getting hard numbers like that from pete?
[/quote]

Former player, his wife has two of my ponies on long term loan.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If Lambert has got any sense he won''t ever come out and say he doesn''t want any job. After all he could be glad of the chance if everything goes wrong and a few hundred fans march from the swimming pool demanding he''s sacked. Football is fickle and us fans are as fickle as anyone. Never burn your bridges in case you need them later[;)]

[/quote]

Fair point Nutty but if you really don''t want a particular job you shoud have the courage of your convictions to say so.

A few weeks back PL was scathing in his comments on managing in Scottish football and the poor quality, lack of competition etc. If that really is his belief then why not confirm that today? Truth is he has not done so and is now buttering up the prospective new employer saying how wonderful everything is up there. Same time he is following the usual line all potential managers take of ....''it''s just speculation'', ''loving it here'' etc.etc.

Yes - we all know that PL will leave one day but I had hoped to get a few seasons out of him. Now I fear we might not.

Whilst he may not be Celtic''s No 1 choice (arguably) fact is that Mowbray cetainly wasn''t either!

Don''t be at all surprised if PL (and Celtic) wait until the end of the season when the guy slips quietly away at a time when neither the fans nor players will be around to persuade him otherwise. IF that happens, I (for one) will lose a lot of respect for him simply due to the very clear and seemingly definitive comments he made just a few weeks back.  Sure I will thank him for the great season we have had but it could all leave a bitter taste in the mouth. Never mind, Col U fans would have something to laugh about I suppose, never mind they can keep plodding along in Div. Three!

The one saving grace I suppose would be that with McNally in charge we would just go straight out and get someone rather than carry out the usual public charade of god knows how many rounds of inteviews, psychometric tests, expert input and shortlists etc!!         

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

If Lambert has got any sense he won''t ever come out and say he doesn''t want any job. After all he could be glad of the chance if everything goes wrong and a few hundred fans march from the swimming pool demanding he''s sacked. Football is fickle and us fans are as fickle as anyone. Never burn your bridges in case you need them later[;)]

[/quote]

Fair point Nutty but if you really don''t want a particular job you shoud have the courage of your convictions to say so.

A few weeks back PL was scathing in his comments on managing in Scottish football and the poor quality, lack of competition etc. If that really is his belief then why not confirm that today? Truth is he has not done so and is now buttering up the prospective new employer saying how wonderful everything is up there. Same time he is following the usual line all potential managers take of ....''it''s just speculation'', ''loving it here'' etc.etc.

Yes - we all know that PL will leave one day but I had hoped to get a few seasons out of him. Now I fear we might not.

Whilst he may not be Celtic''s No 1 choice (arguably) fact is that Mowbray cetainly wasn''t either!

Don''t be at all surprised if PL (and Celtic) wait until the end of the season when the guy slips quietly away at a time when neither the fans nor players will be around to persuade him otherwise. IF that happens, I (for one) will lose a lot of respect for him simply due to the very clear and seemingly definitive comments he made just a few weeks back.  Sure I will thank him for the great season we have had but it could all leave a bitter taste in the mouth. Never mind, Col U fans would have something to laugh about I suppose, never mind they can keep plodding along in Div. Three!

The one saving grace I suppose would be that with McNally in charge we would just go straight out and get someone rather than carry out the usual public charade of god knows how many rounds of inteviews, psychometric tests, expert input and shortlists etc!!         

[/quote]

Spot on yellow rider, Scottish football is just as crap now as it was a couple of weeks ago and if he is interested in the Celtic job it would mean he was talking a load of bull and Col U fans were right about him all along. If he does go there after what he said I''ll lose every bit of respect I''ve built up for him over the last few months. He really should be coming out and saying he is not interested in the Celtic job under any circumstances after his statement a couple of weeks ago.

... as well knew, Lambert has no intention of leaving us at this point in time.

the bookies seem to agree

Next Permanent Celtic Manager Odds

• 9/4 – Roberto Martinez

• 5/2 – Tony Mobray

• 11/4 – Owen Coyle

• 11/2 – Mark McGhee

• 18/1 – Slaven Bilic

• 20/1 - David O’Leary

• 20/1 - Steve Clarke

• 22/1 - Alan Curbishley

• 25/1 – John Collins

• 25/1 – David Moyes

• 28/1 - Neil Lennon

• 66/1 – Paul Ince

• 125/1 – Kenny Dalglish

• 250/1 – John Barnes

Isn''t this the list for the last time the job was vacant.

Why else would Mobray be second favourite - they''re hardly likely to have him again, are they