Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Leeds anonymous owners considered fit and proper!

I read a lot of David Conns articles and they tend to ring true with a lot of my theories/ concerns about the game at the moment.

Quite honestly Fit and Proper isn''t worth the paper its written on in my opinion. Even the most ardent football fans would like transparency into the workings of the club.

DISQUALIFYING EVENTS:

• A person shall be disqualified from acting as a director and no club shall be

permitted to have any person acting as a director of that club if:
  • Either directly or indirectly he is involved in or has any power to determine

or influence the management or administration of another club or Football

League club
  • Either directly or indirectly he holds or acquires any Significant Interest in

a club while he either directly or indirectly holds any interest in any class

of shares of another club
  • He becomes prohibited by law from being a director
  • He is convicted on indictment of an offence set out in the Appendix 12

Schedule of Offences or he is convicted of a like offence by a competent

court having jurisdiction outside England and Wales
  • He makes an Individual Voluntary Arrangement or becomes the subject of

an Interim Bankruptcy Restriction Order, a Bankruptcy Restriction Order

or a Bankruptcy Order
  • He is a director of a club which, while he has been a director of it, has

suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency
  • He has been a director of two or more clubs or clubs each of which, while

he has been a director of them, has suffered an Event of Insolvency.
  • SCHEDULE OF OFFENCES:

• Conspiracy to defraud: Criminal Justice Act 1987, section 12
    • Conspiracy to defraud: Common Law
    • Corrupt transactions with (public) agents, corruptly accepting consideration: Prevention of Corruption Act 1906, section 1
    • Insider dealing: Criminal Justice Act 1993, sections 52 and 61
    • Public servant soliciting or accepting a gift: Public Bodies (Corrupt Practices) Act 1889, section 1
    • Theft: Theft Act 1968, section 1
    • Obtaining by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 15
    • Obtaining a money transfer by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 15A + B
    • Obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 16
    • False accounting: Theft Act 1968, section 17
    • False statements by Company Directors: Theft Act 1968, section 19
    • Suppression of (company) documents: Theft Act 1968, section 20
    • Retaining a wrongful credit: Theft Act 1968, section 24A
    • Obtaining services by deception: Theft Act 1978, section 1
    • Evasion of liability by deception: Theft Act 1978, section 2
    • Cheating the Public Revenue/Making false statements tending to defraud the public revenue: Common Law
    • Punishment for fraudulent training: Companies Act 1985, section 458
    • Penalty for fraudulent evasion of duty etc: Customs & Excise Management Act 1979, section 170
    • Fraudulent evasion of VAT: Value Added Tax Act 1994 section 72
    • Person subject to a Banning order (as defined) : Football (Disorder) Act 2000, Schedule 1
    • Forgery: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 1
    • Copying a false instrument : Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 2
    • Using a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 3
    • Using a copy of a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 4
    • Cheating the Public Revenue/ Making false statements tending to defraud the public revenue: Common Law
    • Punishment for fraudulent training: Companies Act 1985, section 458
    • Penalty for fraudulent evasion of duty etc: Customs & Excise Management Act 1979, section 170
    • Fraudulent evasion of VAT: Value Added Tax Act 1994, section 72
    • Person subject to a Banning order (as defined): Football (Disorder) Act 2000, Schedule 1
    • Forgery: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 1
    • Copying a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 2
    • Using a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 3
    • Using a copy of a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 4

I believe I''m correct in saying the following people would pass/have passed the "fit and proper" criteria:Osama Bin laden, Adolf Hitler, Genghis Khan, Fred West (remember he wasn''t convicted), Armin Meiwes (the Gay German Cannibal), Vlad the Impaler, and basically any foreigner who has not been convicted of one of the above offences and sentenced to 12 months or more imrisonment which takes it up to several billion others.[:|]

It is of course arguable that the recent owners of Pompey were not "fit and proper" in actuality even if by definition but it appears that it''s more about the money or more accurately the "promises" of money per usual.I note with a smirk that at least Leeds Utd FC are still unable to conduct the business of purchasing their training ground from their own council due to a failure to comply with the money laundering regulations which the council enforce upon prospective business partners. They wont tell the FL they wont tell the Council you''d almost think they were trying to hide something.

(Probably from the St Johns Ambulance Brigade at a guess).[;)]

(Sorry that was truncated in posting)I believe I''m correct in saying the following people would pass/have passed the "fit and proper" criteria:Osama Bin laden, Adolf Hitler, Genghis Khan, Fred West (remember he wasn''t convicted), Armin Meiwes (the Gay German Cannibal), Vlad the Impaler, Somalian Pirates and basically any foreigner who has not been convicted of one of the above offences and sentenced to 12 months or more imrisonment which takes it up to several billion others.[:|]

It is of course perfectly arguable that the recent owners of Pompey were not "fit and proper" in actuality even if by FL definition but it appears that it''s more about the money or more accurately the "promises" of money per usual.I note with a smirk that at least Leeds Utd FC are still unable to conduct the business of purchasing their training ground from their own council due to a failure to comply with the money laundering regulations which the council enforce upon prospective business partners. They wont tell the FL they wont tell the Council you''d almost think they were trying to hide something.

(Probably from the St Johns Ambulance Brigade at a guess).[;)]

Personally I would venture to suggest that a lying scumbag is fit for Leeds and is the proper person for a club and fanbase such as them.

You have to wonder what kind of person would want to be anonymous and then have Ken Bates represent them. A truly dispicable human being, who surely nobody on the face of the planet can abide. Ken Bates is possibly the worst person I can imagine having to be trapped in a lift with. One of those people I can use as a guide for my own morality. Anything Ken Bates says, does or thinks should be the exact opposite of my own opinion. Leeds are a good match for him, hope they crash and burn.