Sign in to follow this  
Wesbian

Signings

After bagging our 4th signing of the January transfer window, does anyone think we need to sign anymore players to be able to ensure promotion this season. If so, what positions and what players do you suggest?

Personally i think we need a right winger, possibly the guy from Barnet would be enough in my opinion.

OTBC!

Iv seen Asomah play twice he''s lighting quick, and far to good for league 2.

Lambert pretty much said that with Whitbread and Johnson that there will be no more transfers this season. I don''t really think we need anyone as the existing first team have been doing a good job and the center back problem has been solved with Whitbread. I would imagine a few go out, either on loan or transfers.Daley can play right wing, and although he is far from the finished product he can do a stand-in role if needed and I think McNamee can also play right wing if needed. Adamoah (the Barnet guy), would be pretty expensive as he has been drawing a lot of attention from League 1/Championship clubs and it really isn''t worth spending a lot on a player who plays a position we don''t actually have in our current first team.

[quote user="jedi"]

Iv seen Asomah play twice he''s lighting quick, and far to good for league 2.

[/quote]i think you mean Adomah [Y]   he would be the final peice imo

[quote user="Curious Canary"]After bagging our 4th signing of the January transfer window, does anyone think we need to sign anymore players to be able to ensure promotion this season. If so, what positions and what players do you suggest?

Personally i think we need a right winger, possibly the guy from Barnet would be enough in my opinion.

OTBC![/quote]Why do we need a right winger when we haven''t used one all season???If Mcnamee cant get in the team then there''s little point in bringing another player of similar attributes IMO.

I think were just missing back up for Holt, apart from pushing the Doc up front, we don''t have a player of similar ilk should (god forbid) anything happen to him!

That really would top the squad off I think :)

I don''t think we need anyone.  If you look at how we play the diamond we now have good cover in all area''s.  Also if we ever did need to go back to the standard 4-4-2 we have got players who can play on the wings.  Lappin and McNamee can play left wing, and Martin could also do a job as he likes to cut inside.  And on the right wing I''m sure Smith could do a stand in job as could Hughes or Daley but I think McNamee can also play there although the left wing is his favourite position.

So overall I think we have a pretty good team but if there was one area it would be the right wing, but we are playing well without one and we have players who can ''fill'' in there so for that position I think it would be better if we wait for the summer to make sure we get a quality player.

[quote user="taintedtom2000"]

I think were just missing back up for Holt, apart from pushing the Doc up front, we don''t have a player of similar ilk should (god forbid) anything happen to him!

That really would top the squad off I think :)

[/quote]

I''m gonna get in there before the wolves do, no I don''t think The Doc and Holt are of the same Ilk, just both can act as a target man! lol

[quote user="Barclayman"]Yeh defo Asomah and Seaborne so we can dump wheelie bin Nelson. Id be happy with those 2.
[/quote]

Who is "Asomah"? Plus what makes you think they would improve our squad?