Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The new manager syndrome has worn off apparently.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Flashman"]

Saw the match in the Bull Pub in Hellesdon.  Unfortunately the website link froze more times than Gary Docherty and wasn''t easy viewing.  Talking of Gary Docherty, where was he for the first goal?  OK, the Doc is fine when we are on top in a game - eg winning 4-1 against Swindon and he does a little shimmy and the crowd chant ''there''s only one ginger pele'' but when we are under pressure and have our backs to the wall he is totally useless.  I can only assume that the loan signing that Lambert failed to secure yestergay was a decent centre half - probably that guy we were linked with from Exeter.  

Unless something is done quickly, I fear the worst for our promotion hopes - particularly with games against Hudeersfield and Millwall coming up where we will be put under some pressure, not to mention away games at Colchester and Charlton.  

[/quote]

Now, that''s a good post....[Y]

[/quote]

No it''s not....

[/quote]

In my opinion, yes it is....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Flashman"]

Saw the match in the Bull Pub in Hellesdon.  Unfortunately the website link froze more times than Gary Docherty and wasn''t easy viewing.  Talking of Gary Docherty, where was he for the first goal?  OK, the Doc is fine when we are on top in a game - eg winning 4-1 against Swindon and he does a little shimmy and the crowd chant ''there''s only one ginger pele'' but when we are under pressure and have our backs to the wall he is totally useless.  I can only assume that the loan signing that Lambert failed to secure yestergay was a decent centre half - probably that guy we were linked with from Exeter.  

Unless something is done quickly, I fear the worst for our promotion hopes - particularly with games against Hudeersfield and Millwall coming up where we will be put under some pressure, not to mention away games at Colchester and Charlton.  

[/quote]

[/quote]

No it''s not....

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s fair enough! But imo it is a tad of an over-reaction.Yes we were awful yesterday,but it is still ''early doors'' to press the panic button.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Or so it seems. What a gutless performance.

Carlisle plainly wanted it, City didn''t fancy it at all. Shades of............

It''s now that Paul Lambert has to prove his true mettle. Will he head the way of Grant and Roeder - or will he scrap and win like Worthy?

What''s your view?

Me? You tell me what his stony-faced silence on the touchline today meant when the team needed pumping up and organising - then I''ll finalise my opinion.

OTBC

[/quote]

He has already done that. But I agree SACK him and SACK him NOW. 

[/quote]

Done what?

OTBC

[/quote]

Kept Smith in her country seat for a while longer unfortunately... but sod all else.

This is DIVISION 3.... and it was the SECOND ROUND OF THE FA CUP..... Get a grip for Christ''s sake.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Flashman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No it''s not....

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s fair enough! But imo it is a tad of an over-reaction.Yes we were awful yesterday,but it is still ''early doors'' to press the panic button.

[/quote]

See, you are making it up. I agreed with a post...and you don''t.

I''ve not pressed any panic button....I''m bloody annoyed that we capitulated, and I would have liked to have seen Norwich in the hat for the 3rd round of the FA Cup. It would have brought much needed dosh to the Carra coffers....especially a big draw away at one of the top eight in the Prem...Or even at home against quality opposition....

I''ve criticised the performance yesterday, and now folk think I''m a ''Harbinger of Doom''.....But I don''t fuggin care. It''s my opinion, not a knee jerk reaction, and I accept it may be a one-off and it''s not 3 points dropped....but it is most wanted revenue...lost.

Money from FA Cup progress - that will be most welcome when the ''hard to turn down'' approaches from other clubs come knocking and scavenging...for our ''better'' players....

Because, it''s a fact of pro-football life, (especially in the nether regions where we languish ) and anyone who disregards the fact that maybe a major-player won''t be flogged ...is deluded. Our finances are dire, Mr Mac said so. I bet he''s livid that we got beat last night....as well as me.

Hmmmm? Maybe I am a ''Harbinger of Doom?''....Let''s see how we do against Saaarfend on Tuesday....

Yes it was a poor match and we expect more after such a good run. But is it really the end of the new manager syndrome, so suddenly after so many games? We have players who seem to be willing, in most games to fight to the end for the club. The same players who done little more than just trot about the pitch for our previous new manager, Gunn. I think the NM Syndrome lasted just the one match with him. But he was just Mr Floppy Lettuce when it comes to management and I guessing had little respect from professional players. I’m sure Lambert has more substance and can motivate a team over a number of seasons not a number of weeks.

I watched the match (sort of still by still as it was on the net) and could see the same performance as we all did. But we all have our views on why things were so disappointing. In my view it was bound to happen. We were going to lose a game at some time soon, although it shouldn’t have been this one. We didn’t go out to throw it away. Lambert would not have wanted that. And even more importantly McNally will probably give Lambert a slap for missing out on more vital funds. Doomcaster, another member of the salad family, would have just said never mind its only football, there’s plenty to be happy about.  

At the moment I’m in the half full glass camp. The management we have I’m sure will get the best out of whet ever is available as a team. I happen to think our best asset off pitch is McNally. He will scorch Lamberts bum if things go too wrong and will not be afraid to put pressure on Delia.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Or so it seems. What a gutless performance.

Carlisle plainly wanted it, City didn''t fancy it at all. Shades of............

It''s now that Paul Lambert has to prove his true mettle. Will he head the way of Grant and Roeder - or will he scrap and win like Worthy?

What''s your view?

Me? You tell me what his stony-faced silence on the touchline today meant when the team needed pumping up and organising - then I''ll finalise my opinion.

OTBC

[/quote]This is a joke right?