Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

dublin a canary legend ...!!

Dion Dublin insists Norwich City deserve to be playing at the very highest level of English football.

The Canaries legend believes Paul Lambert is the man to take the Canaries straight back up after the relegation of last season.

But Dublin says even the Championship isn''t good enough for a club of City''s stature.

“To be honest with you, Championship''s football''s not an option,” said Dublin, who achieved cult status at Carrow Road after two seasons during which he made 79 appearances and scored 16 goals.

“When I look at the fan base and the stadium, I think, ''hold on a minute, this is a Premier League club''.

“It''s a Premier League club, a Premier League fan base, we just need a Premier League football team.

“We''ve got to work before we can run. We''ve got to get into the Championship this season and I don''t think Paul Lambert will allow anything but this season.

“If not, heads will roll - and so they should because we''ve got good enough players.

“The players have everything they need to get up into the next division if they believe they can do it. I feel they have enough.”

Dublin was signed by Nigel Worthington, just before the manager''s departure in season 2006-07 and went on to serve under Peter Grant and Glenn Roeder.

And while he had departed before Bryan Gunn took the reins earlier this year, he believes the man who served City for so long was harshly treated.

“I was disappointed in the way they dealt with Gunny,” said Dublin, who became a TV pundit with Sky Sports after leaving City and heading into retirement in the summer of 2008.

“I didn''t think Gunny deserved to be sacked at all. I thought it was bang out of order and that''s my opinion, but having said that, Gunny''s gone and he is still a massive Norwich City fan.

“I''ve spoken to him since and he can''t do anything but look for Norwich City''s results and hope that they win, even though he''s not the manager.

“Now they''ve got Paul Lambert in, who''s doing an absolutely superb job. I''ve spoken to him on a couple of occasions, and I think he''s doing everything right. I think he''s got the respect of the players. We''re fifth at the moment - what a turnaround - I''m really pleased.

“Now Gunny''s gone I think he''s the right man to take Norwich to be in the next division.”

[quote user="singing canary"] We''re fifth at the moment - what a turnaround - I''m really pleased. [/quote]

I particularly like the use of the word "we''re". I guess his hearts still here, what a true legend.

[quote user="waggers"]

[quote user="singing canary"] We''re fifth at the moment - what a turnaround - I''m really pleased. [/quote]

I particularly like the use of the word "we''re". I guess his hearts still here, what a true legend.

[/quote]

I liked that bit too!

Very good to read!

Yeah, surprising the ''we'' bit. I''d be interested to know if he refers to Cambridge Utd, Man Utd, Coventry City, Aston Villa, Celtic, Leicester City - (who have i missed?!) as ''we''. Bet he does!

[quote user="a1canary"]Yeah, surprising the ''we'' bit. I''d be interested to know if he refers to Cambridge Utd, Man Utd, Coventry City, Aston Villa, Celtic, Leicester City - (who have i missed?!) as ''we''. Bet he does![/quote]Yeah, it''s the art of saying the right things to the gullible.[:P]