Sign in to follow this  
stan the man

What have been the benefits of promotion!!!

Last season the board took a calculated gamble on signing Hucks, Mckenzie and Svensson, when we were in a league with no money.

We gained promotion to the best league in the world and the board now say we don''t have the money to spend to try and keep us there.

Why can''t the board take another calculated gamble at this new higher level. I know the wages and transfer fees are higher at this level, but there are still some very good players who could do a job for city.

As far as i can see there have not been the big benefits that we all thought we would get when we got promoted.

I thought the board would have had a better go at trying to keep us in the best league in the world. If we are not careful our visit to the premier league could be very short and we all know how long it took us to get back there this time. so come on board push the boat out!!!!!!!!

Well Stan as I see it there are benifits all over the place, it''s just knowing where to look!

There''s a hell of alot more money in the Prem and, although we haven''t seen much in the way of spending so far if you look at the likes of Bolton, Charlton and Boro it shows that as long as you can survive the first season or two you can establish yourself.

From a local perspective being in the Prem gives us the ''bragging rights'' There''s no question who''s the best team in East Anglia, very important when you go to work on Monday but also because young supporters, new to the game, looking for a team to follow are drawn to teams in the Prem, not much benifit now, but they''re the next generation of fans to fill Carrow Rd.

Finally, living in Auckland, as I do, I get to see them on Sky, no chance of that in the fizzy league!

The benefits from promotion,thats a hard one!

The players had a nice working holiday in Malaysia

We see them on MOTD every sat night

We dont have to play at places like Rotherham(untill next season if Rotherham stay up)

We dont have to put up with Alan Brazil & Kevin Piper on a sunday afternoon just to see 10  minutes of a Norwich game

Delia was on Jonathan Woss

Acle Town are flying high (dont know what benefit that is)

A whole season without having to go to Portaloo Rd (maybe 2 seasons or more)

I get to do the gardening most weekends cos i cant always get a ticket

Sorry im trying to find something positive.....Honest i am!

Watching our team compete against the best sides in the Premiership each week for starters.  Being able to buy a number of international players to help us stay in this league. Listening to top managers from the Premiership praise Norwich for their good football.  

Seeing some of our youngsters from the academy compete at the highest level. Having the increased revenue to improve the ground and allow more supporters to watch Norwich City. 

Can we remind ourselves that at the beginning of the season we aimed to finish 17th and stay in the Premiership.  To date we are one place off that, and only on goal difference.

We are only halfway through the season, and with a little bit of luck, and possibly a new striker, we will still be in this league next season.  We couldn''t have even dreamed of that had we not been promoted.

Er, we haven''t gone bust. In case everyone has forgotten, we were running at a £5m per year loss. The first 5 of the no we got probably paid for last year. So, the benefits of promotion? Number 1, we still have a club to support. Hurrah!

and we get to play top class teams! Like Arsenal

And we have totaly crap refer.... oh yer, positive things...........

Thats probably the only positive thing about divsi... no i mean Coke Cola Champsionship (stupid name) They have better referees!