Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

The tackle on hoolahan

Why was the two footed lunge on Wes not punished with a red card, at the time it looked bad but on tv even worse, these sort of challenges break legs. The time of it should make no difference if it is a red it is a red no matter what minute it is. Thought ref was poor full stop and his assistant near to us in first half was slow. Sir Alex should try managing at this level then he would have something to moan about.

I said earlier, Wes saved the guy from getting a red.  He was intelligent enough to jump out of the way of the challenge so no contact was actually made.  That is the only reason that guy did not get sent off, and thank god it didn''t happen because we could have been looking at losing Wes for a long time potentially.

I was fearing another Stephen Hughes lay off after the mk dons game when he was stretchered off after a poor tackle. I think cody was probably equally lucky for his challenge which may have deserved more than it got. Reading the programme notes it seems the ref doesn''t like giving many cards.

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Grant Holts is much more impressive apparently........[/quote]

Quality[Y] Took me a couple of reads....... 

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]Why was the two footed lunge on Wes not punished with a red card, at the time it looked bad but on tv even worse, these sort of challenges break legs. The time of it should make no difference if it is a red it is a red no matter what minute it is. Thought ref was poor full stop and his assistant near to us in first half was slow. Sir Alex should try managing at this level then he would have something to moan about.[/quote]

Fully agree with all this.  He was poor for both sides and if anything seemed to favour us (but not with this ridiculous decision).  The lad who did it had clearly lost it after not getting a couple of decisions in and around our penalty area but the tackle was a real shocker.  Players like Wes need a bit of protection.  I agree that Wes helped the player by doing what he did to avoid it.  It was also nice to see Wes not making a meal of it by rolling around as if he''d been shot as is often the case.  If he had then the bloke would surely have gone.