Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Col Who: Any compo sorted out yet?

So I guess Colchester had absolutely nothing concrete to back up their claim, and are hoping pleading ''evil big club stole our manager despite taking the time to sound out their first choice and be rejected by him and only then making their move''?Back to the Homebase Recreational Ground, tail betwixt legs, methinks.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]So I guess Colchester had absolutely nothing concrete to back up their claim, and are hoping pleading ''evil big club stole our manager despite taking the time to sound out their first choice and be rejected by him and only then making their move''?

Back to the Homebase Recreational Ground, tail betwixt legs, methinks.
[/quote]

Let us wait and see the outcome.  I am sure you are confident and Colchester are too.

To be honest from what you have said Cam and what has been said elsewhere and the fact that it is moving incredibly slowly I don''t think Colchester have that much of a case.We didn''t illegaly tap him up - we had permission to speak to him. So from that point on its a bit difficult.Like I said at the time, if Colchester wanted a certain price the time to ask for it is before you allow the club to speak to your manager/player etc. Otherwise it gets a bit silly.The other thing is - in these cases its normally only the remains of hist contract that will be paid plus perhaps a little gratuity. Its not at all like the compensation for players. I think this is where the stumbling block is if what I hear is correct. Plus Colchester are currently in fourth and they would be hard pressed to say that they have ''suffered'' due to him leaving.As others have said it all comes down to whether Lambert ''quit'' or was incouraged to quit which I believe will be an incredibly difficult thing to prove and knowing the football league they are just as likely to point out to Colchester that they went about their buisiness back to front.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Expected to go to a Football League Tribunal according to the Colchester press office.[/quote]

Oh, only expected now is it? admit it Cam.......you have no case!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]I imagine it will be somewhere in between what we think we should pay and what they think.[/quote]

That is what seems to happen on these Tribunal rulings.  Norwich are not disputing that Colchester are entitled to compensation - just the amount of compensation.  The clubs are a very long way apart according to Colchester''s owner.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]I imagine it will be somewhere in between what we think we should pay and what they think.[/quote]

That is what seems to happen on these Tribunal rulings.  Norwich are not disputing that Colchester are entitled to compensation - just the amount of compensation.  The clubs are a very long way apart according to Colchester''s owner.

[/quote]

This is what the Wiz has trouble grasping and maybe why he feels the urge to lurk around our boards so much.

Norwich have offered compensation, Colchester want more, There''s no disagreement over the fact that it needs paying, it''s the amount that is in question.

[quote user="colufan"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote] This is what the Wiz has trouble grasping and maybe why he feels the urge to lurk around our boards so much. Norwich have offered compensation, Colchester want more, There''s no disagreement over the fact that it needs paying, it''s the amount that is in question.[/quote]

Compared to Col Cam (4 thousand plus posts!) I''m a newbie on your board!