Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

David McNally - Nice man :)

[quote user="City1st"]I wondered why it was called ''cabbage'' canary[/quote]

You can blame Kevin Baldwin who wrote "Norfolk''n''Good" his match by match account of the season when we lost 7-1 at Blackburn.

In the book he refers to Club Canary as "Club Cabbage" - not a comment on the average IQ of the passengers, but he travelled on it once and thought it smelled of cabbage. 

Very funny book, worth a read if you get a chance.

I was on that coach and I think most people understood as it was quite a trek, especially if you didnt know where to go. I wouldnt of had a clue either if i hadnt of gone to the league match!

[quote user="canary cherub "]

You can blame Kevin Baldwin who wrote "Norfolk''n''Good" his match by match account of the season when we lost 7-1 at Blackburn.

In the book he refers to Club Canary as "Club Cabbage" - not a comment on the average IQ of the passengers, but he travelled on it once and thought it smelled of cabbage. 

[/quote]

You could have written ''thseason when we finishered 3rd in the prem'' rather than ''when we lost 7-1 at blackburn!!!!

[quote user="Old Shuck"][quote user="JimRoyle"]Think yourselves lucky that Duncan Forbes doesn''t still run Club Canary! I remember in the 80s when latecomers used to get the hairdryer treatment from Big Dunc!!! [:D][/quote]

Ye Gods, didn''t he just?

I remember one Club Canary trip up to Coventry, he was bending everyones lughole about Ross Jack all the way there (shows how long ago this was!), we lost 2-0 (Mark Hateley one of the scorers) and then, on the way back, he didn''t want to stop anywhere for fish and chips!

He was a good laugh though![/quote]I remember once he leaned out of the coach door to give some stick to a motorist who was blocking the road near Chelsea''s ground - Dunc was so affronted that this man had dared to hold up HIS coach! [:D]Although he didn''t suffer fools gladly, he was generally friendly and approachable and didn''t put on any airs despite all he''d achieved as a player. I was quite sad when he left the Club Canary job to become a scout!

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote] You could have written ''thseason when we finishered 3rd in the prem'' rather than ''when we lost 7-1 at blackburn!!!![/quote]

Yes I could, but it''s his report on the 7-1 that sticks in my mind.  Most of them were a mixture of the journey, the football and Kevin''s more or less unsuccessful love life.  For the Blackburn game you turned over the page it was completely blank except for one word: "B****cks!!"  Still makes me laugh [:D]

[quote user="Brendan"]Tom, im sure someone didnt know? And anyway, why do you have to nit pick all the time? Why cant you just keep it to yourself all the time. All of your posts are these, i dont think ive ever seen you do a new thread yourself, let me guess, your now going to prove me wrong somehow here just stating a point, that you are pathetic.[/quote]

Brendan, here is a link to a very informative thread I started http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1853311/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

Nooo, he nicked the term out of our fanzine....No problem with that though, it was a good book [;)]