Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Charlton

Well how different was that compared to the Wallsall game? Chalk and cheese I would say. Where the last home game was insipid and uninspiring, this was full of energy and intent and played with 100% effort and no little skill throughout. Its not often that I feel enthusiastic about our performances these days but this one was on a whole different level to some of the dross we have had to sit through in recent seasons.

Is there still anybody out there who doesn''t believe that Hoolahan makes the difference? I thought the little man was superb today. Alright, he did hang onto the ball a shade too long on occassions but who else in our side would have been alive to the possibilities from Holt''s quick throw in, and the first touch and cool finish was absolutely sublime in my opinion.

I don''t want to pick individuals out after such a good team performance but I would commend Lappin for a full hearted 90 minutes and Korey Smith who is beginning to show a maturity beyond his years. The boy should have got on the scoresheet but his rising drive at the start of the second half was a shade too high and his conection with Grant Holts great knock down was not quite good enough to beat the Charlton keeper.  However I really am starting to think that this lad is going to be one hell of a player if he can continue in the same vien.

Grant Holts injury time effort was no more than he and the team deserved for a half of total domination. He is a big awkward bugger but he is so much more than that when you watch him closely. I would imagine that most centre backs find him a nightmare to play against. Anyway, his equaliser stopped us from talking about the dire state of officialdom in this league. How 24,000 people could see Holt being kicked over the main stand (some of them from over 100 yards away) while the Ref, Lino and 4th Official; saw nothing is beyond my comprehension.

But lets not dwell on the negatives, todays performance gives us real hope of better things to come and that was a long way from my thoughts after the MK game.

[quote user="Robert Ketts Yellow Army"]always enjoy your reports, thanks. no peroni today?[/quote]

two pre match and one after, Robert.

Spot on report once again Ricardo. Would just add that Hooly where he played yesterday? Yep, everytime but not wide left thank you.

Think Lambert will drop him when tighter game is required on occasions.

A great game but that ref!!!

Interesting report, thanks. Your point regarding Hoolahan is well made. I have been constantly surprised at the number of posters on this MB who have supported his exclusion from the squad. Another thread suggests his exclusion was punishment for a verbal exchange with fans. I very much doubt that this is true but of course I just don''t know. If it is true then it''s a punishment that punishes the club and fans not just Hoolahan so on that basis pretyy idiotic. If it isn''t true and in fact Hoolahan has been avcailable for the last so many league games then given the paucity of genuine, instinctive talent in our squad, to use your phrase, it is beyond my comprehension that he has not been an ever present. I saw him play at Yeovil and I thought he had an excellent game and I have been perplexed by his absence ever since.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Interesting report, thanks. Your point regarding Hoolahan is well made. I have been constantly surprised at the number of posters on this MB who have supported his exclusion from the squad. Another thread suggests his exclusion was punishment for a verbal exchange with fans. I very much doubt that this is true but of course I just don''t know. If it is true then it''s a punishment that punishes the club and fans not just Hoolahan so on that basis pretyy idiotic. If it isn''t true and in fact Hoolahan has been avcailable for the last so many league games then given the paucity of genuine, instinctive talent in our squad, to use your phrase, it is beyond my comprehension that he has not been an ever present. I saw him play at Yeovil and I thought he had an excellent game and I have been perplexed by his absence ever since.[/quote]It''s probably McNally''s fault.